Carter's Steam Fair - final nights

malumbu

I hope many of you enjoyed this wonderful fairground, when it visited Belair Park and Peckham Rye. Some wonderful family memories.

The final weekend is in Reading this Saturday and Sunday, it's up for sale as a whole with a hope that it will move to a static site.

The grown up family visited it last Saturday (this was expected to be the final weekend, but they have given it another weekend). Much of it is powered by steam engines, and the vintage trucks, caravans and even the old Morris ice cream van are wonderful. Carters generally did not attract the nasty element (can be a lot of bother at travelling fair grounds).

The music selection reminded me of my teen and pre teen days when the visiting fair two or three times a year was something to look forward to.

https://www.carterssteamfair.co.uk/

Carters generally did not attract the nasty element

Not sure about that.... Last time I was at carter's when it came to Peckham I saw two boys (about 4 and 6) get into a punch up on a kids train ride about who got to 'drive' the train. The ride had to be stopped and the boys thrown off...

I will neither confirm nor deny that the boys may have been brothers and may have been my sons... I certainly walked away like I didn't know them.... 😂