Sainsburys DKH

Lynne

So long stalk broccoli, one pack of loose mushrooms a day and lack of milk is because of leaving the EU???? And the evidence to support your supposition is? please can you expand........

Additional checks at the border negatively impact incoming perishable goods. The second time a lorry is returned to a supplier in say Holland, would be the last time they choose to supply the UK so will pivot to mainland Europe customers. This means UK supermarkets have to rely more on UK grown fresh produce. Unfortunately most EU pickers on low / seasonal wages have long gone never to return….. thus more empty shelves and higher prices. This won’t be the only reason but a considerable contributing element to what is being observed in our shops.

• 6 months later...

I thought it was deteriorating last year, before, but Sainsburys DKH has got even worse. Two staff,as far as I could see, this morning so anyone, i.e nearly everyone, who needed help with scanning items had to wait for quite some time. I found one product scanned in as more expensive than the shelf ticket, which is illegal, I believe. Could any one alter my bill? No. Their losses to shoplifters must be huge

I've had similar experiences.  Saturday morning. Lots of people at both the SmartShop and Self Scan checkouts. Half the terminals not working. One member of staff on duty.

Probably won't make any difference but I heard from the delivery driver that they are closing for a couple of weeks in August for a refurb.

Lunchtime today 27/04/23

Three checkouts being staffed, change of shift took place, smooth switchover and turning round customers fairly quickly

Self service checkouts at the far end, busy with a queue. Other self checkout running reasonably. 

Milk in stock, Some cheeses moved to end of isle but no indication anywhere that they have been moved. 

A bit low on some fruit and veg.

In store baked bread running low, although the lady baker who runs the bakery section has much improved how it operates. Thankfully the old dear in that section has long gone and it is now run by a truly lovely lady baker, she is happy to engage with customers, is always happy and smiling, a pure delight to deal with and a real credit to the bakery.  If you're there say hello to here. 

Outside, the guy who collects the trollies is always happy and always aims to please customers so trolley's are available.

Everything I needed was in stock, so nothing to whinge about. 

On 02/10/2022 at 09:50, kerry2015 said:

One potential cause could be down to DKH now being used as a hub for online deliveries, rather than a centralised warehouse site. There's always quite a few staff flying around filing multiple online orders. It must be having an affect.

Sounds reasonable. I asked our Sainsbury's delivery driver this morning as to how many drivers there were working out of DKH and he said 40. So that's quite a quantity but not enough to account for the lack of availability on the shelves.