Sunday 11th May - ED festival fair - Goose Green - Free

Part of the Dulwich Festival, the Festival Fair brings together a selection of the best craftspeople, designers, independent shops, family fun, bars and cafes from the vibrant and creative East Dulwich area. The Police will be there with their car to explore as well as the local Fire Brigade. From bouncy castles to beer tents, handmade children?s tee-shirts to homemade cakes, designer jewellery to local photography, the Festival Fair brings together the essence of SE22. Nibble delicious food from The Blue Mountain Cafe as you take in the stylish arts and craft stalls; enjoy a drink from the East Dulwich Tavern refreshment tent as your children have their faces painted for free.

New this year is the The Mad hatter?s tea party. Children are invited to bring a picnic and join the tea party at noon. They can wear a hat, or make one. For aspiring hatters mad or otherwise, there'll hat making sessions for children starting at 11am and 1pm. Also new this year will be donkey rides for children. Four gorgeous donkeys will work all day to give the children a memorable ride around Goose Green. 11am to 4pm, admission free.

Blimey what with all the outside tables of the various catering establishments along that end of Lordship Lane being packed out it was like Brighton sea front on a sunny bank holiday! The Fair was great value - too late for the home-made cakes - but the Blue Mountain banana cake was nice. Astonishingly long queues for the donkeys and the bouncy-thing. It seemed like every family in SE22 was there. I hope the weather is as good for the one in Dulwich Park next Sunday - isn't that the one where they are having the Mad Hatter's thing though?

Oh and I did pick up some stuff from the Open Rights Group stall as well :)) - and sampled the lovely bread, olive oil and ham on the Locale one...mmmm>:D<

Kudos to the EDT for allowing 8 million people access to their toilets...:))

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Kudos to the EDT for allowing 8 million people

> access to their toilets...:))

Yeah... it's a real pain when pubs make a point of pasting-up 'customers only' signs when there's an event nearly with limited bog facilities.

Though I expect being able to flog their booze on the green was something of a sweetener.

I saw those "I Love SE22" bags too - thought they were fab until I saw the ?10 price tag!

I'd have been surprised if they sold any as the "Dulwich Going Greener" jute bags were being sold for ?2 each! I saw plenty of people wandering around with them!

All in all I thought it was a fabulous day! Great to see so many EDF's there too - and I think we were indeed one of the last groups to leave the Green!