Science Tutoring Offered (GCSE-A Level)

orm2018

Hi everyone,

I'm a professional science tutor - I graduated from Oxford in 2018 with a Master's degree in Biochemistry, having been a tutor since 2015. In that time I have helped students pass GCSEs and meet A-Level requirements to get them into their first-choice universities, and have also assisted university students with their assignments and understanding topics for exams. I've taught for well over 2000 hours and feel completely comfortable with all levels of biology, chemistry and physics.

I think teaching science requires a lot of questions to be asked, on the side of both the tutee and the tutor, so I'm always asking questions to work out exactly what my students know about the topic we're working on so we can iron out any misunderstandings and build a proper comprehension of the subject together. Being taught to just parrot the correct answers is an incredibly unsatisfying, inefficient and ultimately pointless way of learning, so I avoid that as much as possible and encourage my students to think about the theory behind what they're expected to learn, so that they can work out the answers in exams rather than relying on answers they crammed in a panic.

I'm an easy-going person - I don't think people learn well in stressful situations, and so I strive to create an environment that recognises there can be levity in learning. I’m also very patient, which means I'm willing to spend as long as needed on a single idea to ensure the student understands. I'm flexible with my knowledge, so I’m always comfortable spending time working on something from different angles if it helps the student.

I work exclusively over zoom, and you only have to pay for our first lesson if you decide to book another lesson (this means there's no risk for you if it doesn't work out, but equally doesn't mean I have to work for free if you find the service useful!).

I offer

Biology up to A-Level

Chemistry up to A-Level

Physics up to GCSE

As well as personal statement work for students applying to universities.

I charge £50p/h - I've also linked my profile on another tutoring website to show some reviews if you're interested https://www.tutorhunt.com/users/3498385310173/

If you'd like to get in touch, you can text/whatsapp/call (I'm happy to do phone calls - they're probably the best option - but it's ideal to arrange a time before calling!) me on 07504472549

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Archived