Green and Blue (now reopened)

Sheesh - this happened to me a couple of years ago - it's more horrible than your can imagine.

Anybody see who the order was in the name of - suppliers, landlord or local authority?

Anyhoo, best wishes to the good souls at GandB; it might seem like it, but it's not the end of the world, dust yourselves off and start again.

Without knowing the full detail its hard to comment but seems ridiculous to close the place, surely they are more likely to get their money back if they allow it to continue running......unless of course it was running at a loss.

The whole drains problem cant have helped matters, and may even be the cause.

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Doesnt forclosure of this type indicate that

> things are pretty advanced ?

>

> I cant imagine landlords doing this as an off the

> cuff decision - unless of course they have another

> victim lined up already

They can move pretty sharpish and without warning in my experience. My girlfriend managed a pub that was visited by Bailiffs after a banking error missed one payment of rent.

Let's hope this is equally a storm in a teacup. Would be a great shame if it went for good.

ClareC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Without knowing the full detail its hard to

> comment but seems ridiculous to close the place,

> surely they are more likely to get their money

> back if they allow it to continue

> running......unless of course it was running at a

> loss.

>

> The whole drains problem cant have helped matters,

> and may even be the cause.

I was thinking the same.

This is clearly a business that was very popular and I imagine making a good return. The drains thing may well have precipitated this development, but the business would appear to have a sound long-term future. Which would make the latest development quite shortsighted if the people involved are landlord etc (which we don't yet know).

The landlord would be contractually entitled to its rent when due and if it is in arrears also to seek possession. Can't see what's "greedy" about that - its not as if both parties didn't agree the rent to be paid (and when) in the first place! Landlords don't just impose whatever rent they like you know?!

Beyond that, nobody except the parties and their advisers are likely to know the pertinent details, so I don't see how people on here can (validly) form such opinions.

And I'm speaking as someone who doesn't much care for some landlords. Also, I know nothing about the details of this case. Would be sorry to see the place go though - notwithstanding all the ranting from the owner about the drains issue.

I worked for a large company that had financial difficulties and as part of its cash flow policy didnt pay its bills until 90 days from invoice. Since common payment terms are 30 days, it was a fairly frequent occurance to have a bailiff / sheriff in reception. Our dept would get a call from reception, one of us would go downstairs, said Bailiff / Sheriff would be eyeing up the flat screen TV's / reception sofa's/ even the cars in the car park, we would then check their paperwork and as long as all in order arrange payment. They would go on their merry way happy that payment would be made.........

If this is a reposseion order, either payment hasnt been made, or the landlord is evicting the tenant for other reasons...... maybe they want the premises back etc. Evicting lawful tenants is a slow process, all does seem very odd given the popularity of the business!

Complete speculation but I wonder if rent was witheld due to the drains situation and there is now a dispute with the Landord as result.

• Administrator

Please can people not mention the drains issue. The forum has previously had a formal request that the drains issue is not mentioned and should it be mentioned it should be curtailed as soon as possible.

Also please respect that this thread is about a legal issue and therefore care should be taken as to what is said.

Thank you.

>

> Also please respect that this thread is about a

> legal issue and therefore be care should be taken

> as to what is said.

>

>FYI I'm a journalist. I write court stories and stories about ``legal isues'' every day of my life. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why the fact that this involves a ``legal issue'' means that any more care need be taken on this thread than any other. Zero. Rien. Not a sausage.

On a slightly different point, thuough, it is never a good idea to make damaging and unsubstantiated allegations about anyone in a public forum, regardless of ``legal issues.''