Veolia missing collections on food waste / recycle waste / house hold waste.

Hello all, over the last three weeks Veolia seem to forget to collect my waste. Sometimes it has been food waste, sometimes household rubbish and sometimes recycle waste. Has anyone else experienced these goings on?

I have used the councils missed collections system, but stopped using this as a way of contacting the council as the council officer lied and said the crew could not find the food waste bin (It usually sits on top of the wheelie bin which is positioned at the far end of the property near the garden gate). For the last three weeks I have used the complaints process. I have had one response back to say it was too hot for the crew to work .

Its strange as sometimes thew food waste is empty but not the recycle waste, is it only recycle crew who experience heat??? Its currently 21c, is that too hot?

I think we pay enough council tax in this borough already

Had a couple of instances. First the Tuesday waste collection was missed until Wednesday fortnight. Then the recycling was missed on usual Tuesday and collected on the Wednesday. The garden waste guys have been collecting normally. This is on Underhill.

The collections do appear to have got out of kilter - but none of mine (Underhill) have been more than a day late. When it was hot Veolia were ending shifts at 11.00am (they start around 05.00am). Once the runs are out of order it does take some time for them to get back, as the teams are always playing catch-up.

Amended to add that in the summer especially, when operatives take leave, relief crews are used who may not be fully up to speed on routes - hardly helped by the numbers of roads closed or partially closed around here at the moment.