Lush green playing fields

Oxalis

Is anyone else disappointed to see sprinkers being used on sports pitches by local private schools?

In a drought. In the school holidays.

I have contacted the schools directly but they have no plan to change this. Hopefully they will observe the hose pipe ban when it is inevitably enforced.

I think since they’re advertising their sport facilities as part of their pitch to attract “buyers” they’d be daft not to keep the turf in good nick. If they break the rules, report them if you like, but even if people think it’s “inappropriate” they’re not doing anything illegal.

No, not at all.

If and when Thames Water see fit to impose a hosepipe ban, I have no reason to believe they would not comply. Do you?

I know most of the state schools round here don't have playing fields, and that's a different story. But I think you may find that State schools around the country are maintaining (watering) their playing fields where allowed - as are the many other sports field owners and custodians in this area; which include private sports clubs, Dulwich Hamlet FC and Peckham Town, at least one state school's remote playing fields, and charities offering sports provision for kids.