Au Ciel - staff attitude

Nero

I sent the thread to the folks at Au Ciel Inc (the Chardon management) but never received a reply, even though I asked for their response to my original complaint. Maybe they've read it, maybe not. Nero

• 3 weeks later...
I went to Le Chardon with my partner, we booked a table beforehand. they seated us right next to the exit for the toilet and near the serving area. We asked for another table and they didn't seem bothered to help us out. Waiting staff were apologetically reaching behind us for cutlery and my partner had to wear his jumper through the entire meal because of the draft. When the bill had they added items to our bill we hadn't eaten and overcharged us for wine. We decided that a ?8 'optional' tip was not appropriate given the quality of the experience, so when we politely said we did not want to pay the 'optional' service we got looked at as if we were aliens and it took another 20 mins to get the new bill - with the service still added on it! We didn't pay the service in the end. To top the experience the food wasn't very tasty and both me and my partner then got a violent case of food poisoning despite eating very different meals. Coming from a waitressing family I cannot believe the poor quality of restaurants these days just because they are located in east dulwich. I do highly recommend the Lombok Thai in Herne Hill. Does anyone know of anywhere else decent to eat in east dulwich?

I've never had food poisoning from anywhere in the area, so maybe you were just unlucky, or maybe as both of you got it it was a coincidental stomach bug.

That's just reminded me that I went into Au Ciel on Sat. There was a guy serving who had a bit of twinkle in his eye and was friendly but an older woman who didn't and wasn't and who muttered in French without addressing me personally. Bit silly to assume speaking French around here means people won't understand you - half the Village spends its summers in Provence and its winters in Val d'Isere. I decided not to buy the thing I asked about but let myself down by having an unfortunate attack of the giggles on the way out.

m bond Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does

> anyone know of anywhere else decent to eat in east

> dulwich?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just outside East Dulwich - Ganapati in Bellenden Road - truly excellent food and lovely people :)-D Oh and interesting wine and beer as well :)