Royal Mail van ferrying kids to school

When walking with my son to Dulwich Village Infants School two weeks ago, I observed the driver of a Royal Mail van draw up and then offload two infants whom he took into the school yard at 08:50am.

I traced the van to the Highshore Road Delivery Office.

Such use is unauthorised across all of Royal Mail.

The infants were at risk because none of RM's he vans are equipped with child seating . The van insurance would also be invalid because of the non-business use.

I did report it to RM but the mis-use continued for another two weeks.

If you see this happening, please report it to 020 7441 7751

When walking with my son to Dulwich Village Infants School two weeks ago, I observed the driver of a Royal Mail van draw up and then offload two infants whom he took into the school yard at 08:50am.

I traced the van to the Highshore Road Delivery Office.

Such use is unauthorised across all of Royal Mail.

The infants were at risk because none of RM's he vans are equipped with child seating . The van insurance would also be invalid because of the non-business use.

I did report it to RM but the mis-use continued for another two weeks.

If you see this happening, please report it to 020 7441 7751

wow

I find that response quite concerning given that none of the occupants in the vehicle are insured and without proper seating or restraints.

How would you feel if the pilot of an aircraft you were a passenger in had two kids on the flight deck?

Maybe you just don't like the idea of dobbing somebody in when they are breaking the rules. If so, how would you feel if you smelt alcohol on the breath of your pilot?

Times are hard right now for many people

You could potentially be making this man & his family homeless!

Instead of reporting him why did you not either raise your concerns with him or even put a note on his windscreen!

Some people need to get a life

I hope something never happens to you to disrupt your life in any way!

There’s a thing called karma, be careful it doesn’t come back & bite you!

All right not ideal dropping kids off in the van.but you don't know his circumstances.is the person who normally does the school run I'll we don't know is there no one else who could do it we don't know don't get involved.

well said

The alleged actions may have been unwise, and outwith PO regulations, but (1) there may be a back-story here in mitigation and (2) possibly making a person lose his job (that will really benefit his children, won't it?) and even be prosecuted seems a disproportionate outcome.

I'm afraid Covid-19 regulations and alleged breaches of them have brought out the Stasi under the skin in some people. A note on the windscreen might well have been sufficient. Acting to protect children (which is what I assume happened here) may have brought unintended consequences (well, clearly not unintended I suppose) which will be far more damaging to the family.

The OP saddens me.

I pray the guy doesn't lose his job over this.

God knows times are hard, maybe the other parent was unwell and unable to do the school run.

If it bothers you wait until he's dropped the kids off and have a polite word but please I beg you dont put a father's job at risk over this.

Unfortunately it is very much the society we live in nowadays - and we see examples of it daily be that twitter trolls and actively trying to get Cllr McAsh sacked from his job, cyclists gleefully filming driver indiscretions and reporting them to get them fined or this instance. If everyone could just live and let live the world would be a much nicer place.