Grove Vale (no longer) closed off to all traffic

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Was the lorry stationary and parked on the wrong

> side of the road ?

Looks like the bus was on the wrong side of the road?

I live right by this and had to watch the video so many times and see the comments on it to realise the image is reversed as it's from the cab of the lorry looking behind. The bus was approaching from the traffic lights near Ondine Rd/Copleston Rd. The lorry parked opposite Gibbs and Dandy as they often are - that is why it hit the non-drive side and the doors side (as can be seen in the aftermath photos). You can also see the direction of travel was Gibbs and Dandy then Kwik Fit but my is it confusing! The bus therefore was actually (just) within the white lines on the correct side of the road but obviously should have actually been further over to clear the lorry.

Strangely when I heard what had happened I said I wonder if it clipped the truck (trucks often wait there til space free in Gibbs and Dandy). For me the worrying bit is the apparent speed as the Elsie Road bus stop was really close by just after lorry and you can see that in the clip with the firepeople. I heard someone went to hospital - I hope all are ok. Scary stuff and seems a miracle there was no one on the pavement.