The Queen & Corgi's are back. Mural ED

We seemed to have all sadly missed the Queen & Corgis opp Lordship pub after vandalism a while back.So i've been catching up with artist Catman the last couple years and found the nice and flatly rendered solid wall by Bon coffee shop Frogley Rd just off Lordship Lane. Takes a while actually to find a nice wall / owner in a visible spot in ED (thanks Mick)to let us paint here. Also as this isn't funded, i persuaded Glen off his scaffold on a job across the road! who kindly filled in some gaps and painted it a fresh white so all perfect and ready for the artist to do his stencilling. This is the last time Catman could use this particular stencil (as he'd done a few, and was up to his limit) so I persuaded him to save his last spray for us good folk of SE22 until i secured the location in time for the Jubilee, so last week on a sunny Friday (as i also happened to be guiding a group of refugees round on a street art walk - lets not forget these Afghan, Syrian, Ivory Coast and Myanmar displaced folk, been here a couple years interested in all aspects of their host country) to their delight and to the many residents and passers by!

check out some clips in progress insta : dulwichstreetart. www.dulwichoutdoorgallery

SEE PHOTO ATTACHED

If you saw the booklets, you'll see i did the walks recently for Dulwich Festival and do bespoke groups all ages, times to suit you [email protected] Regards, Amanda

It actually has an inconspicuous Matt protective coating on it and I'll do a second coat any day. This means any scrawling over it can be scrubbed off with soapy water. You'd not know it was there as we only put it on the queen and corgi characters themselves not the white wall. The kingfisher across the road (by Will Vibes - private commission from the charity shop) you'll see they unfort painted the whole white wall so you can really see how sticky the coating can get and pick up lots of dirt. That's badly graffitied and could be cleaned off. I similarly varnished the two boxers (only) on spurling rd in March 2020 and then regularly just pop down with white masonry paint to cover over tagging that occurs - so fingers crossed these should last a long while yet!!

On that note the owner of the boxers (fight club, Conor harrington) I see has put a black cable right across the middle of the wall !!! Aaagh

Edited by aquamanda

Very welcome to have back, as is the support from aquamanda and her colleagues. Some businesses are good at offering spaces for art - Mrs Robinson, the Magdala pub and the Mary Portas-inspired charity shop are three that spring to mind - but so many others shut up shop and leave teh rest of us to suffer the ugly, vandalised shutters with no effort whatsoever to clean it off. Unimpressed but not surprised