Dog attack in Goose Green this afternoon

A "puppie" by his retarded owners - it looked like an all black dog, very muscular, wearing a shoulder mounted grip, possible staff mix (am no expert on dogs) a fat, seemingly drunken pair of unpleasant Irish in their 60's repeatedly jumped up at a young lady in her mid 20's just over an hour ago in Goose Green up by the church, then went for my wife.

The dog tried to bit her after jumping up at her chest, leaving her with a scratch, then ran at me, I managed to push it away then it came for us again as I confronted the two morons who had no control over this dangerous animal as it was obviously too strong for them, they appeared drunk, it was untrained and they simply didn't care.

I reported it to the Police as soon as we got home, got a crime reference number.

If you see this dog and it's scumbag owners, I'd urge you to vacate the park asap especially if you have children.

It'd be for the best for the dog along with it's owners to be destroyed.

Sorry about what you went through.

I had something similar on the rye almost 4 years ago now. The anger lasts for years, not helped by the owner fleeing the scene, her violent partner attacking me across the rye and then the police doing sod all about it.

I?d try and get CCTV if you can (this covers more than you might think so it?s always worth a try- maybe see if businesses/shops in area have it. Maybe even household doorbells?

Hope you are ok.

This sounds awful and the owners should be held accountable. In the dog's defence, if its intent was to truly attack none of you would be able to deter it and would be badly injured. It does sound a bit like really out of control attempts to interact with people in a very inappropriate way. Young dogs can be very nippy and it can be scary and hurt, especially powerful bully breeds. The dog should not have been off lead.

All that said, there is no excuse where the owners are concerned, and even the biggest dog lover might be scared by this sort of uncontrolled behaviour. Ideally, the owners would be educated or the dog found a responsible home with owners that know what they are doing. The owners you describe sound clueless.

I hope this does not curtail your enjoyment of parks in future or your view of all dogs.

I also meant to add I hope the police intervene as this sort of inappropriate behaviour is a real risk to small children, the frail or elderly and almost certainly to other dogs.

se22cat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A "puppie" by his retarded owners - it looked like

> an all black dog, very muscular, wearing a

> shoulder mounted grip, possible staff mix (am no

> expert on dogs) a fat, seemingly drunken pair of

> unpleasant Irish in their 60's repeatedly jumped

> up at a young lady in her mid 20's just over an

> hour ago in Goose Green up by the church, then

> went for my wife.

>

> The dog tried to bit her after jumping up at her