Fox and Cat fight on Heber Road Friday night

The Heber Road fox may well be the one living under the decking in my garden! It, and its three cute but annoying cubs, have aleady destroyed all my plants. Apparently they like digging for worms. Anyone fancy adopting them??

Well I frequently see the foxes in Nunhead waiting at the bus stops late at night, they obviously haven't read the timetables. We just give each other a nod of acknowledgment as we pass by, I haven't the heart to tell them the last bus has gone.

According to my book cats and foxes don't normally interact with each other very much - they ignore each others presence. However the day my cat died, found mauled beyond repair on the allotments at the back of my old house we found a dead fox in the back garden ! Coincidence ?

Foxes dont generally attack cats unless the cat is sick or injured. They will, however, kill kittens. I dont know if anyone is aware that a pregnant cat was found dead in the flats by Banfield Road a week or so ago. The poor cats head was clean off!! I somehow doubt that it was killed by a fox, the cut was too clean - i suspect a far more dangerous breed of animal was responsible:(