Barclays Bank Lordship Lane.

Wil

The cashpoint is exposed on three sides. A year or more ago, I had my card taken by a man who grabbed it after he learnt over and pressed a reject button. This was so quickly done that he got away and took ?250 out at another cashpoint. There is sign there now warning that criminals operate there. Last week, I needed some cash for my disabled mother, so queued inside the bank to avoid the problem.Her card was rejected and I was told that they only accept their own cards.

My point is that Barclays are putting vulnerable people at risk by having a cash point that is a known target for theft and by are unhelpful in stopping non customers from using their facilities in the bank.

Actually,it happened so quickly that I didn't realise that the thief had my card. He then watched me put my number in to the machine in and went off and used it. Two notices taped to machine now.

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is a cash point inside the bank where you

> should be able to get money out. I?m sorry you had

> your card stolen..

Wil is saying that the ATM inside the bank does not accept other banks' cards.

I think!

The post office a couple of doors down accepts most bank cards. I've used Natwest and Barclays in there to withdraw cash.

I think the reason why the internal banking machines don't accept rival cards is that it offers the majority of counter services that are provided by the bank for their own customers.

As an aside, those machines at Barclays are really good and there's usually someone helpful to guide you to use them.

singalto Wrote:

> There is a cash point inside the bank where you

> should be able to get money out. I?m sorry you had

> your card stolen..

As a Barclays customer who does chose to use the inside Cashpoint I must say that the reduced opening hours of the branch make it pretty inconvenient, added to which there have on occasion been long queues inside as well.

From memory I think only two of the 3 self service machines inside allow withdrawal of cash.

NewWave Wrote:

> From memory I think only two of the 3 self service

> machines inside allow withdrawal of cash.

That's correct, the one nearest the window doesn't dispense or deposit cash.