Tragic News Regarding Incident In Dog Kennel Hill Sainsburys On 29th April

Some of you may be aware of an incident that took place in Dog Kennel Hill Sainsburys at approximately 4pm on the 29th of April.

This incident relates to Barbara Gustaffe, a treasured member of the community who worked for around 20 years in Dog Kennel Hill Primary School.

After finishing work that day, Barbara did her usual shopping in Sainsburys and became suddenly unwell. She collapsed and had a heart attack in the store.

Barbara sadly didn't make it and was pronounced to have passed away soon after.

As a close family friend I would like to thank members of staff in Sainsburys for how they handled the situation as it was an effort to keep the scene clear and protect Barbara's dignity. I would also like to thank Starbucks who helped with Barbara's very young grand children who were scared and confused. Also I would like to praise the efforts of the police and paramedics.

Thank you to those fellow shoppers who were respectful at the time. Unfortunately the same could not be said for all and I hope reading this post people can reflect on the fact that we live in a generation now where some people would rather pull out a camera phone then help or too busy worrying about their minor inconveniences of not being able to complete their shop all whilst a family are in obvious distress going through the worst moments of their lives. This was extremely traumatic for Barbara's children and Grandchildren who happened to be witness to all of this.

I would also take the time to ask if anyone wants to help in any way or has the kindness and means to do so, we are raising money for Barbara's family who have now been left with the financial burden of ensuring Barbara has the best possible send off and celebration of life. Barbara gave so much to our local community working in the school, as does her daughter Natalie who also works in local schools. If we could give back and help in any way to a family that have given so much I would greatly appreciate this.

Please copy this link to Barbara's GoFundMe page.

https://gofund.me/09fa3a93

Many thanks in advance.

Sophie

The Friends of Dog Kennel Hill School would like to offer their deepest condolences to all Barbara?s family and friends and all the staff that worked with Barbara over the years.

This has been a big shock to our school community - Barbara was loved by pupils and parents past and present. We also want to thank all those who helped on Friday and for all the words of support that have been offered to our community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...