Heavy traffic using side roads

Over the past week, I've noticed a lot more heavy vehicles (lorries and big soil transporters) coming out of the side roads down from Barry Road onto Lordship Lane.

It's possibly due to the road works at the corner of Peckham Rye / East Dulwich Road but strikes me as dangerous as the side roads aren't wide enough for such heavy vehicles and pedestrians wouldn't expect them.

Are others noticing the same?

Traffic or rather the roadworks in various locations are causing traffic gridlock.

i) Brenchley Gardens, pavement widening works ongoing between Forest Hill Road and Kelvington Road

ii) Further major roadworks at the junction of East Dulwich Road and Peckham Rye (The Kings Arms Junction in all four directions temp traffic lights), casing huge delays and creating traffic tailbacks.

iii) Rye Lane, as stated above by the station, more temporary traffic lights and more queuing traffic

iv) "Forest Hill Road, SE22, Routes 63, 363, N63: Road is closed due to a burst water main. Buses are on diversion. 63 will not serve stops between Peckham Rye / East Dulwich Road and Therapia Road. 363 and N63 will not serve stops between Friern Road and Underhill Road."

Effectively no bus service from the bottom of Barry Road to Woodvale till the Barracks Lordship Lane, then onto Crystal Palace. It's NOW beyond a joke.

How many times do Thames Water need to do a repair to a water main, if memory serves me right, did they just recently replace the water main on Forest Hill Road, can't they do ANYTHING which lasts?????

v) Peckham Hill Street, looked like further works are about to begin

No notification on bus stops that the P13 is on diversion, waited 20 mins by side of Primark, then had to detour up to the top of Barry Road and back down Lordship Lane, it's chaos out there.

Being cynical for a moment, it was the end of the financial year so the Council are spending (wasting money on a number of daft schemes i.e. Benchley Garden road narrowing scheme, absolute and total madness. This morning traffic was queuing back down Brenchley Gardens into Forest Hill Road BOTH ways.

WHAT ARE THE COUNCILLORS DOING ABOUT ANY OF THIS??????????????????????????

Jazzer

Just had a similar conversation about end of year budget and the concept of "pre election" was raised (as in look what we are doing to improve things)

No idea if there's a correlation or not but it was an interesting point.

Also why were the Rye Lane roadworks not done when the lane was closed to all traffic is a mystery 🤔

Had a nice chat with Thames Water including the million dollar question why we have so many water mains problems around here. The engineers were new to the area and unaware, for example, that FHR had been closed at least once in recent months for the water mains.

As Underhill has lights on it at the moment, meaning drivers are even worse than normal - that is driving standards, I've cycled via Goodrich Road. Hell, so many drivers 30mph plus. This is a schools area. Even more reason to close school roads

Didn't notice any heavy vehicles. A snapshot not a scientific survey.