> Spangles30 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Please will this place NOT charge extra for

> soya

> > milk - and use a decent brand too.

>

>

> I would have to be paid, lots, to drink Soya milk.

Soya milk - shudder..........

Spangles30 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Please will this place NOT charge extra for soya

> milk - and use a decent brand too.

Soya milk is quite a bit more expensive than cows milk - Alpro's about ?1.30 a litre compared to 0.80 or so for whole milk. I assume that's why lots of places charge a bit more for a soya coffee, and seems fair enough to me. Completely with you on the need for places to know how to make a soya based coffee drink though. It's easy enough not to scald the milk and avoid it curdling.

Siduhe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Soya milk is quite a bit more expensive than cows

> milk - Alpro's about ?1.30 a litre compared to

> 0.80 or so for whole milk.

Or Sainsburys Basic Soya Milk is 60p a litre.

wee quinnie Wrote: Or Sainsburys Basic Soya Milk is 60p a litre.

Good to know, thanks - although not sure if Spangles would consider that a decent brand - she mentioned Alpro in her other thread, which is what made me think of it. Is the Sainsbury's basic milk sweetened do you know?

I havenever tasted said Sainsbury's soya milk so cannot comment on whether it would constitute a 'decent brand'. However, I did buy Sommerfield's soya milk recently - it was on offer at about 60p a carton. It was actually OK in my coffee and cereal, although rather 'thinner' than the Alpro brand I usually buy.

I don't know why some people turn up their noses at the prospect of drinking soya milk. Personally I find it rather odd that people drink cow milk which is surely designed to nurture calves?

I like it, but I've heard it raises oestregen levels in men. There's an article in the Independent today about boy boobs, whioh are not just flabby titten a la Tony Blair or but a real medical complaint that doctors are seeing more of in young men in their teens.

Moobies (male boobs) are a definite turn off 'tis true. Being a rather flat chested female though, I can confirm that drinking oodles of soya milk, scoffing tons of soya yoghurt and devouring soya spreads on my organic, yeast free spelt bread, has not remotely increased my bust size. :(