Are you a blue badge holder in southwark? do you have your AD badge Permit?

Hello Blue Badge Holder,

I discovered a permit for southwark blue badge holders called AD badge permit which I wanted to share with all. I have not seen it advertised on the council website or received any information on it.

The AD badge permit is a virtual permit ( no paper permit is sent out) and the ownership is on the customer to remember when the permit run?s out, Southwark parking do not send out any paper reminders. (not sure if that means you receive a email reminder).

Southwark Parking enforcement officers use a handheld device to check the vehicle has a permit, (please use the same way as the blue badge in Southwark - no parking in any of the resident bays in Southwark)

No need any more to display the Blue badge or clock in Southwark, only use the blue badge when parking out of Southwark into another Council or private land eg shopping centres /supermarkets etc...

Customers that do qualify will also be registered to a list with southwark civil enforcement officers who operates the CCTV in Southwark.

You will be covered for the (LTN) camera restrictions within Southwark as shown on link below;

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/parking/disabled-parking/parking-with-a-blue-badge?chapter=2

How to apply?

simply email [email protected] and request a AD badge permit. You also need to include the front and back copy of your blue badge and your vehicle registration number (you can only register one vehicle). you will be registered within 24 hours. Cost is free.

This scheme is perfect if you forget to display your blue badge within the borough, and you will not get a ticket.

> You will be covered for the (LTN) camera restrictions

> within Southwark as shown on link below;

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/parking/disabled-parking/parking-with-a-blue-badge?chapter=2

That seems to be a useful link to the page on Southwark Streetspace measure exemptions" for holders of Blue Cards, but I don't see any mention of "AD badge permits" or a general Southwark-wide freedom from the need to display the card. Were I such a person I'd want to see official terms and conditions rather than relying on a post here.

Thats why I mentioned the following in the first line:

I have not seen it advertised on the council website or received any information on it.

I have emailed parking services already, to ask why it is not advertised on their website, and why blue badge holders are either not routinely signed up to this or at least sent information.

Your welcome to email parking services directly for clarity, i thought it was good of me to share information. but feel free to email the council yourself:

[email protected]