Hosting Family from Ukraine - others?

Hi all - we signed up to the UK Gov 'Homes for Ukraine Scheme', and have matched with a mother and her 4-year-old son. Forms submitted, and we are 99% sure that it will happen, perhaps in ~3 weeks from now. We live on Avondale Rise just off Bellenden Rd. We are keen to know others who are bringing in Ukrainian guests, especially those with kids.

- Might be helpful to share experiences in getting things set up, and discussing interactions with Southwark council. Visas / travel / home inspections / helping to find employment / joining schools etc.

- And once our guests arrive, I think they may like to meet people who have been through a similar experience.

Are there others in the area who are hosting? If you pm me with phone number - I can setup a WhatsApp group

Joel and Elsa

• 1 month later...

Hi Joel/Elsa,

We have a 19 year old girl who is living with us. She is settling in very well and has just got a job in a nursury which is great. My concern is that she is quite lonely and she would like to meet other ukranians and make some friends. Do you know if there is a group for people looking to meet each other in London? Thanks! Claudia

Hi Claudia. Yes, there are a few things going on nearby, as well as across London. Send me a private message with your phone number and I can add you to a WhatsApp group with 4-5 others in Peckham / Dulwich who are hosting. Our guests are a 40yo and 4yo, so probably not what your 19yo is looking for, but I think two others in the WhatsApp group have guests who are a similar age to your guest.