Parcels being stolen from outside front doors in SE22

Just to warn anyone who is expecting deliveries from Amazon etc to make sure to tell the courier firms to leave in a safe place if you are going to be out as one of our neighbours had 3 Amazon parcels taken from her doorstep. She found the empty boxes at the end of the road!

The delivery drivers often don't ring our bell even when we are in but just leave stuff outside.

I'm sorry to see this is still an issue. I came home to a parcel delivery recently where the driver had attempted to hide it by propping up my front door mat against the box. The box was about 24x24 inches so that was as pointless as just leaving the box on top of the mat. Luckily I got home in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had a delivery?? a quiet knock on the door & the guy jumped in his van ready to drive off.

Luckily I was home & saw the box upon opening my door. The driver didn?t turn back to check the parcel had been collected!

Now imagine if I hadn?t been home or heard the door??? my instructions clearly state to leave the parcel with any neighbour if I?m not in!

Then, around 6.15pm, I think it may have been no 7 whateley

I witnessed an Amazon guy dropping parcels to doors not waiting for an answer, just dropping knocking &running off as he was double parked holding back a bus from getting through!

I?m not sure if the recipient took their parcel or it was just left for someone else to run off with 😠

If I have time over the weekend I will call Amazon explaining what happened to me & what I witnessed today.

I could easily say I didn?t receive my parcel & they will never know any different!

It?s really disgusting that peoples parcels are getting stolen, the company need to give their drivers more time or whatever it is they need to ensure parcels are delivered correctly & safely!