Mist blue bin 5th/4/22

bob

Mine was also missed yesterday (5/4).

I went to report it and the website says "This collection is due today and collections are still in progress. You can only report a miss when the vehicle has passed or after 4:00pm today"

Ours is scheduled for Wednesdays, but Thursday last time. Every year we produce more recycling, and the delivery of packages in cardboard is a huge part of it now. I hate it. Yet there are no local collection points left. When we moved here in 2006 there were big bins all over. They have gone, and it is just blue bins now. Old Kent Road Recycling is still Book in Advance from COVID days. I'd love to have something more like the poubelle concept favoured in mainland Europe. We make different amounts of rubbish each week as households. Why do we need huge bins (3 wheelies here) that might be empty one week, and overflowing the next? I'm getting red in the face and have LBC on speed dial.

Had ours missed yesterday, second time in just over a month...I submitted a missed collection form and it was emptied today, not sure if it was just ours or the whole road. Last time it was def just ours.

The guys dong the collections are a really nice bunch of people in my experience and it's not the end of the world, can't imagine how exhausted they all must be at the end of every shift, it's just a bit annoying the council isn't maybe investing enough into the service for it to be running properly.

blue bin missed on Wednesday 6th April, just logged the mis collection on the councils website and it asks, did we miss the blue bin collection on Thursday 7th April??? Telephoned environment who assured me my normal recycling blue bin collection is wednesdays each week and has not been changed. I have logged the mis appointment on their website. The last time I reported such an incident with the food waste, the council ridiculously emailed back to say the crews could not find the food caddy - strange as the food caddy is sits in the same place each week. I do not rate trhe service at all- - Copleston road