Hillsboro Road Closure - Alleyns School

roywj

Alleyns continue to be bad neighbours.

Hillsboro Road is closed this week for the removal of their portacabins. However they have not been managing their contractors and its continually spilling out into East Dulwich Grove.

Yesterday traffic wardens were called as one of the work men had parked his personal car on the pavement and this has occurred again today. This time a lorry on the pavement as shown in the photo. You can see the crossing lady in the background. Pavement very narrow for children coming home from school.

Why dont Alleyns monitor contractors working for them? Wardens have been telephoned but question why as they claim to have already attended?

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What did Alleyns say when you contacted them with

> this query ?

> Did they assure when this would be resolved soon ?

I'll let you know you know when I get a response. They are usually responsive when issues are raised inc. Coaches etc.

However they could be proactive to prevent issues like this occurring. If someone from the school had taken a walk out yesterday or today to check they would have come across both issues.

Same again today - man worker having a sleep in the back of a lorry parked on the pavement by the pedrestian crossing, with everyone walking around him and one of the workers cars (red mini) parked on the other side of the pavement.

Alleyns don't seem to be interested. Reported to parking enforcement.

OP - complain to the company whose van it is. Copy Alleyns on the email.

Parking on zigzags can be reported to Met Police via their website: https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/rti/rti-beta-2.1/report-a-road-traffic-incident/ (Describe it as failure to comply with a road sign on the drop down - it is reviewed by MPS staff anyway). They do take action. You can't report "normal" naughty parking to Met Police - that is a council job. I don't know if parking on footpaths is council or police.

Have you tried contacting the council parking team?

It is not great that they're blocking the pavement outside the school...

I did but they were not very helpful via telephone. Was told that wardens had already been and asked me what the problem was!

I managed to get a bit more sense via email and appears wardens don't ticket vans/lorries parked on pavements as thought they were working on the highway! I replied with an explanation and questioned why wardens don't check and assured that this would be fed back.

Disappointing from parking wardens considering the risk posed to many school children using the crossing. Probably easier to just ticket cars than have no one in rather than speaking to someone in person.

what email did you use? I agree that it's a silly approach. Vans on the pavement are hazardous for pedestrians no matter what they are working on. They should need specific permission to park on the pavement which is an offence everywhere in London