Interior design help - recommendation for Lynlea West

izzybob

Hello. I just wanted to post a recommendation for Lynlea West, a local interior designer. We?re coming to the end of some major building works and needed to repaint various rooms in the house as a consequence. I was stuck on colours (my children also had strong views!) and a friend recommended contacting Lynlea, who offers her services on an hourly basis.

Lynlea was excellent. We did her four hour ?deep dive?, which I really enjoyed, and solved many issues all in one session. We?ve repainted two rooms now (which look great) with one to follow. Lynlea has boxes full of wonderful samples and, as well as paint colours, we also chose wallpaper for a loo, carpets and looked at fittings for the living room.

I?d never used an interior designer before and always felt it would be too expensive. However, working with Lynlea was a revelation - the hourly rate is a fantastic idea and she has saved me so much time (and money) in ordering and testing out various samples. She?s also given me the confidence to go for something bolder than I?d have done by myself. I wouldn?t have come up with the ideas for the children?s bedrooms, but they look great and we?re really looking forward to seeing the end result for the living room. At some point, we have a bathroom to redecorate and I?ll very happily ask Lynlea for advice again!

Aww thank you lovely. I'm so glad that you're happy with the boys' rooms ... and that they are too. 😉

I cannot wait to see the transformed living room!

It would be my absolute pleasure to help you with your bathroom when you're ready. 💕

Thanks again for the kind words, and take care.

Lynlea xx

I second this! We had help from Lynlea when we undertook building works for our ground floor last summer. I had been stressing out not knowing where to start and was worried about making costly wrong decisions. Then we met Lynlea. She walked us through EVERYTHING and i don't know what we would have done without her! Working with Lynlea was a dream she made the process fun.

We LOVE very decision Lynlea helped us make from picking a kitchen and deciding which shade of white to have on the walls, to choosing dining room/living room paint, furniture, lighting and so much more. Lynlea gave us the confidence to be "bold" and choose colours/furniture we wanted BUT would have been afraid of doing if left to our own devices.

We will be having a loft conversation next year and will 100% be asking Lynlea to help us with this!

Wow - I feel awash with compliments today. Thank you. I've literally just held an online workshop which was brilliant, and now I've come off to find all this gorgeousness!!

TBH I wasn't sure who this comment was by (with random usernames 😆) but I've got it now you've mentioned about the loft! 😘

It was an absolute PLEASURE working with you both too ... and of course I look forward to working with you more. Mwah xx

• 9 months later...

Lynlea is fantastic! She’s done a number of short workshops with us for various spaces in our home. She can quickly and easily give you an intuitive sense of what would work in a space and brings fresh ideas and creativity, as well as suggestions on suppliers.

A lot of fun working with her, thanks so much Lynlea! Xx

• 1 year later...

A huge recommendation from me too for Lynlea’s services. We have just completed a complete  ground floor renovation, and to be honest whilst we knew we needed some guidance, we didn’t appreciate quite how much we needed Lynlea’s help when we started the project and are so glad we had her on board! We both work full-time, have two young boys, and I’m not sure how we would’ve got it all done ( and retained our sanity) without her. 

Lynlea helped us with general design, colour scheme, and interior finishes. In addition, she put us in touch with some excellent tradesmen (including Anderson Hardy for the kitchen and LSK builders for the decoration) who we also highly recommend. We knew we wanted to live in a tasteful, relaxing “grown-up “space, but neither of us have the time (or the inclination) to spend hours trawling the internet for ideas. Lynlea was able to present us with a few options for each item which we picked from,  which made the whole process so much easier and more manageable.

As stated by others I had always assumed that hiring an interior designer would be an unaffordable expense. However, Lynlea was extremely clear with costs all the way through and she obtains sizeable discounts from a number of suppliers, so much of her work paid for itself! 

We are absolutely delighted with our “new” home but there is no way we would have come up with the scheme ourselves. I will not be doing any work to our house without her help again!

Edited by Vanessa L