swimming at Dulwich Leisure Centre

oimissus

Wow, ?9.40 for a one hour gym session at dulwich leisure centre accessed through some dysfunctional booking system that I have zero faith in

Day passes at Easygym, Gym group or pure gym at camberwell or peckham are ?8.99 or ?9.99

Absolutely pathetic

The council, though, has obligations to a much wider and generally more diverse group of people who would not likely use standard gyms. It also has good rates if you sing up and use DD so it is not that fair a comparison. I agree the booking system is now not needed but I have never found it cumbersome, just irksome because it allows folk to book and then not turn up. (I don't think people are routinely fined, just sent stern-ish letters.)

Hello! I swim at the leisure centre every week and find that spaces become available close to the desired slot due to last minutes cancellations - I almost always manage to get a swim booked on the medium or fast lane at 7pm/8pm/9pm. Download the everyone Active app - it's fairly straight forward, easy to use and allows you to book and cancel swims. Hope this helps a bit

Thanks Janet - I?ve been using the website which is just awful.

I want to swim fairly early in the morning and as I have a child to get ready for school it?s not really s9mething last minute I can arrange - night before at the latest, which I haven?t succeeded at yet!

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The council, though, has obligations to a much

> wider and generally more diverse group of people

> who would not likely use standard gyms. It also

> has good rates if you sing up and use DD so it is

> not that fair a comparison. I agree the booking

> system is now not needed but I have never found it

> cumbersome, just irksome because it allows folk to

> book and then not turn up. (I don't think people

> are routinely fined, just sent stern-ish letters.)

The problem I found was that sessions don't actually exist. Booked junior gym twice for my son, didn't exist first time, assured over phone 2nd time it did exist and it didn't.