Blocked drains (CPR/Adys junction)

Nigello

I reported the massive ponding/puddling at Adys/East D Road to Cllr McAsh and the enviro. services at Southwark. I got a reply pretty quickly so I hope it will be seen to.

Stands to reason that if we have more episodes of heavy rain and wind, which dislodges leaves and twigs in any case which get lodged in the grids, then we need effective and repeated drain cleaning.

Please report blocked drains to the environmental services at Southwark and give a clear location, ideally CCing your Cllr.

I think this part of the infrastructure is dealt with by the council, which did not refer me to any other body when I received their reply. Perhaps they report it to the water board, but seeing as it is affecting the roads and pavements my first port of call would be the council. Either way, it is being dealt with.

It is mainly caused by a leak which I reported a few days ago to Thames Water and found I was not the first person to report this. That said the clogging by leaves was making the puddle worse and someone, probably Southwark street cleaning has cleared them away reducing the flood.