Flipping builders reserving road space in East Dulwich

Imagine how many disintegrating bathrooms, kitchens and everything else are packed into all the crumbling, disintegrating, often neglected victorian houses within, say, a single square mile of your front door? Expect constant building work somewhere near you.

No need to be a dick about it though. Getting your kitchen finished three days earlier is not more important than *not* pissing-off everyone within earshot for weeks on end. Start at a reasonable time. Finish at a reasonable time.

Sometimes people park their own cars further away so the builders can get their stuff right outside their house and therefore just mess-up that bit of street rather than the bit outside someone else's house.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> None of this ever happened when all this was

> fields

Fucking tractors rolling up at 5am, sections of the fields blocked off by endless bales of fucking hay and cows who think they can roam wherever the fuck they like, nothing worse than a pushy heifer, not to mention the shit they leave everywhere! Thank god for the sanctity of dense early 20th century urban sprawl.

Thanks peckhamgatecrasher, have been debating getting a bay for three years,but felt it unfair that i would be taking up a permanent space.however i am seriously considering it now,like others in this rd (think about myself only).

Also a one off incident 'i wish' this has beeen going on for 2 hlf years.skip outside my house for five weeks last summer.whilst thier car parked on drive,vans blocking any space any where near to me getting in.

Not hundred per cent but think you find that builders,deliveries etc are not suppose to make a nuisance until 8am.

not silly o'clock 6 am.

We all have work done to our homes,all i'm moaning about is the lack of consideration for each other.if your cars parked outside your house 'you move it for your builders' you park in the next street, dont inconvience others when you don't inconvience youselfs.

nannyjuice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We all have work done to our homes,all i'm moaning

> about is the lack of consideration for each

> other.if your cars parked outside your house 'you

> move it for your builders' you park in the next

> street, dont inconvience others when you don't

> inconvience youselfs.

Seriously? Surely that's a sarcastic comment! I mean like why should someone go park in another street and inconvenience that street just becoz your neighbour can't park right outside their house? That's just ridiculous along with the notion that anyone has a given right to park directly outside their own house.

Thanks e-dealer,

Kalamity.neighbour does park outside their house that's the problem.suggest u read all my post again.

saddens me to think that you found my comments sarcastic,I felt that i was expressing my views and having a nice little debate on here about the annoyance of constant builders in my rd.

I am a psychotherapist i now feel i will have to take time out to reflect and psychoanalysis my comments and attitude in this debate.Hope none of the above you find sarcastic.