Estate Agents and their cars

I'm sorry seanmlow but if you stick your chin out and start a thread like this . . . well . . . pot, kettle, black.

"exposed by numerous TV documentaries", I can think of several EA's (2 local) that have been exposed in the media for underhand/illegal practices. How often do we read about brown envelopes, false offers etc.

"We are providing a SERVICE", many people trying to get on the ladder might disagree, as well as those who let their properties via EA's only to find a) no proper references done, and b) letting never properly managed despite hefty fees.

"ones who are angry are the ones who can't afford a nice house - or get a decent mortage", Can South London Press quote you?Any publicity is good publicity?

Sean as I said in my earlier post, I am not always to be taken 100% seriously; what I was saying was a cathartic, tongue in cheek rant. I spend my life writing considered objective rubbish so it is nice to come out with some shouty opinionated rubbish once in a while. I rather enjoyed the All Bar One comment.

Emphatically I do realise that most estate agents are just normal people doing a job. There is however justification for people?s prejudice, as there is with many other industries where being a bit of a bastard is seen as a good thing.

I think the UK property boom/bust nonsense over the past few years has probably exacerbated peoples? annoyance with the whole property industry.

Most people however would never be so shallow as to judge someone personally on their choice of career

but those cars are still ugly.

Mark Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In a bored moment of mine back in November I wrote

> to Mini about this:

> yada yada .......

> We trust some of what has been said helps to

> expunge the bad images from your head, hopefully

> you will look into the new MINI Clubman and be

> reminded that the bad image some people feel may

> not be down to the liveried vehicle, but instead

> the liveried individual piloting it.

>

> MINI UK

>

> So basically saying I should remember it's the nob

> inside the car, not the car, that I have an issue

> with.

Top reply from MINI imho.

I agree, many EA's are dodgy and don't help at all. Look at my Acorn thread - I have experienced it first hand!

I just think we get a bad rep!

In terms of the cars, I ask because I am trying to get together some idea for using more green cars for EA's. Most journeys are short and quick, so using gas guzzlers is quite silly!

karter -

not sure how I feel about CPZ. I think it will help residents who are fed up with shoppers taking their spaces (esp off Northcross Road).

I think we will just have to deal with it! I live in Ryedale so can always walk to my car!

I am worried the CPZ will affect local traders. Saying that, I never drive to ED and I can't be bothered with driving round finding a space!