Gerry - Plumber WARNING

jrussell

I can NOT recommend that you hire Gerry as your plumber.

Reading the many recommendations here I hired Gerry twice. The first time was fine; the second time was in December last year, to remove a radiator from my upstairs room. There was nothing wrong with the radiator, we were redecorating and needed to fix the wall. Next day, I noticed the capped radiator pipe was leaking and called him. He said not to worry - I should 'wrap a towel around it' and would come the next day. I was up most of the night changing towels and newspaper to control the leak. He came the next morning, fixed the capped pipe by tightening the seal and I showed him the water damage to the ceiling of the room below. He said he would get his decorator to look at it. When he returned to put the radiator back on I again showed him the water damage again, and he promised he would get his decorator to remedy it in the New Year. I believed he was genuine. Now, more than a month later he has not responded to text or phone calls and it appears he has blocked me. In contacting a few people here on the forum to get some contact information for him or his company I find they also only have his first name and number. The repairs are going to cost me around ?400 if I am lucky. I am literally shocked. If anyone has any information, please contact me. I believe his surname is McCormack. I am attaching a photo of the damage I am left with. Please proceed with caution.

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrible experience.

If you need a reliable painter/decorator to sort out the damage from the leak I can highly recommend Mark from MJB Painter and Decorators. I've used them many times and they have always been extremely reliable, professional and high standard of finish to all jobs. Give Mark a call on 07506 047721 and I'm sure he'll be happy to provide a quote. Best wishes. Kathy

Archived