Need help buying a new onstreet car permit

trinidad

Hello all, I wanted to ask for help from fellow ED forum members. I sold my car yesterday and purchased a new car, the experience was stressful, but glad I did it. I currently have a parking permit already for car a which is sold. I logged onto the council website to secure a new permit intime for Monday, i wanted to move my old permit from car a, to my new car, car b, is this possible? I found the council website totally confusing, can anyone help?

My gut feeling is I have to purchase another permit and request a refund for the old permit which is crazy :(

I'm sure that you've read this already but I think that you are correct and you'll buy a new one for the new car and apply for a refund for the car you've sold, and they deduct ?14.50 as an admin charge. They also only refund full months so better make sure you get in the request before the end of January.

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/parking/parking-permits/on-street-permits/resident-parking-permits

Good morning,

There is a link what u click and you just change the registration number to the new one and it automatically updates if I remember correctly follow these steps;

Login - on account summary page click on order ref number - scroll to botton and it will say edit permit- replace old vehicle details with new- save!

Hope this helps.

Hello JuJubeans, your instructions worked like a treat. I was on the verge of paying another ?125.00. I was really skeptical, and thought, let me give this ago, thank you so much for your help - you was brilliant.

On another note, i think the councils website on parking could be alot better.

Thank you once again

jujubeans Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good morning,

>

> There is a link what u click and you just change

> the registration number to the new one and it

> automatically updates if I remember correctly

> follow these steps;

> Login - on account summary page click on order ref

> number - scroll to botton and it will say edit

> permit- replace old vehicle details with new-

> save!

> Hope this helps.

That is very useful thanks! Being the cynic I wonder if Southwark are keen to make it not-so-obvious to make the change over, so you are likely to make another unnecessary payment.

• 4 weeks later...

SpringTime Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Five banks and three individuals sanctioned.

> That'll scare Putin silly. Pathetic.

>

> Didn't work last time and it certainly won't work

> this time.

>

> Anyone remember something called backbone?

Wrong thread. You should be here: https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,2263055