Bus Replacement service

Castleton

Castleton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> From East Dulwich, where exactly does the bus pick

> up?

>

> Someone told me it wasn't outside the station!

Don?t go on hearsay 🤨

Probably best to check the tfl site for further info or ask at the stn

"Rail replacement bus stop locations are shown in the 'Getting to and from the station' section under 'onward travel'" according to the 'Staffing and general services' section at https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/EDW/details.html.

When you get to the 'onward travel' section there's just a link to a poster size PDF file of two maps. They include lots of bus stops, but I can't find anything indicating the two used for rail replacement. I know they are in East Dulwich Grove, reached via Melbourne Grove. I can't remember though, whether either or both of the stops are the TJHC stops or the ones nearer LL. So I gave up, and found the answer here: https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1035980,1036271

The ticket machine is turned off on bus replacements so if you haven't bought a paper ticket you won't need to pay. The downside is the punctuality is awful, they never ever run to the train timetable and I've spent an hour waiting for one to turn up.

For future reference, the rail replacement for ED station is on East Dulwich Grove.

Going towards London Bridge, the stop is Stop U on the corner of EDG and Derwent Grove.

Going south towards everywhere else, it's Stop C opposite of the Tess Jowell Health Centre.