Can you get a parking fine without a parking ticket being issued on lordship lanes?

I had to stop down lordship Lane this morning around 9am as I felt very nauseous.

I parked up by Barclays Bank in the parking bay for a few minutes to get some water.

When I returned to my car I saw a parking enforcement office on his motor bike near my car. There was no ticket placed on my car window screen.

Can I still receive a pertly charge notice if no ticket was issued or placed on my car ??

The bay I parked in, which I only noticed after I returned back to my car had a sign near by stating 10-7pm parking

In my unwell state I did not notice this.

Thanks

As the parking ticket normally acts as the notification of a parking fine you are probably OK - moving traffic offences are notified by post, and it's possible that parking offences captured by camera are also so notified - but a guy on a bike doesn't match this.

If you drove off while a warden was attempting to place a notice on your car, that probably too is an offence, but this is not what you have described here.

Hope you are feeling better

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As the parking ticket normally acts as the

> notification of a parking fine you are probably OK

> - moving traffic offences are notified by post,

> and it's possible that parking offences captured

> by camera are also so notified - but a guy on a

> bike doesn't match this.

>

> If you drove off while a warden was attempting to

> place a notice on your car, that probably too is

> an offence, but this is not what you have

> described here.

>

> Hope you are feeling better

Thanks Penguin68.

I did not drive off whilst the warden attempted to put a ticket on my car.

He was sitting on his bike typing something near my car.

I drove off, as did he more or less straight after me.

I am feeling a bit better thank you

I had caught Noro virus from work.

Thanks again

Yes, if you drove off after the offence but before the ticket was placed on your windscreen. What will happen is that a reminder will be posted after the "pay half price" date has passed. You may want to check your reg on the council site (I know some councils do this) to see if your vehicle has a PCN - then pay it before it goes up. If they have photos then they will enforce it. I also noticed that a parking enforment patrol was on LL this morning with its erection poking from the roof - if they caught you on that then they will notify you by post. I hope neither is the case.

I agree, if you were caught on camera then they may issue a ticket - in my experience when a traffic warden tickets you they are standing by your car when they do this (write up the ticket) not sitting on a bike. Checking on the council site wouldn't be any harm (if Southwark does post this).

However (see another thread) -http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,336529,page=96 it appears that Southwark can no longer get vehicle details from the DVLA - so it would be interesting to see how they can pursue motoring offences when they cannot get vehicle ownership details.

Rianoo Wrote:

> Yes, if you drove off after the offence but before

> the ticket was placed on your windscreen. What

> will happen is that a reminder will be posted

> after the "pay half price" date has passed. You

> may want to check your reg on the council site (I

> know some councils do this) to see if your vehicle

> has a PCN - then pay it before it goes up. If they

> have photos then they will enforce it. I also

> noticed that a parking enforment patrol was on LL

> this morning with its erection poking from the

> roof - if they caught you on that then they will

> notify you by post. I hope neither is the case.

Thanks Rianoo.

I don't think Southwark council have the service where you can check if you have received a parking fine.

I guess it's another way for them to make more from parking fines.

I guess I have to sit and wait to see if I receive anything in the post.

Thanks again

I remember a year or two ago a change in the law whereby you could be fined without a ticket being issued

if a warden sees something and notes it down. Maybe I imagined it :)

Assume it comes in the post if I didn't :(

JohnL Wrote:

> I remember a year or two ago a change in the law

> whereby you could be fined without a ticket being

> issued

> if a warden sees something and notes it down.

> Maybe I imagined it :)

>

> Assume it comes in the post if I didn't :(

Thanks JohnL

I quest they take photographic evidence to prove where and what time I was parked.

Bloody Norovirus.

I have to be honest I am preparing to receive a fibe via the post

Thanks again

Hi, husband sucesfully challenged a ticket that was never put on his windscreen a few years ago. But i think they may have changed the law since then so the fine can still be issued as JohnL says. Not sure. would still challenge though as it would have been safer to stop than drive feeling ill?