last chance to comment on street space

macutd

Dear all,

We recently sent out a newsletter to all households in Dulwich with an update on the Dulwich Streetspace measures. Most recently, we advertised the required Traffic Management Orders for the proposed measures. There was an associated 21 day statutory objection process in which we received a significant number of representations, both supporting and opposing the proposals.

A full report on the representations and the associated officer recommendations is available to view here. You can see all the associated data for the Dulwich Streetspace schemes on the Dulwich Streetspace page.

In this newsletter we also gave a date of Saturday 11 December to give representations to the above report, this should have read Wednesday 15 December 2021. Please ensure that any representations are received by this revised date.

You can respond to the published report addressing any formal representations to our proposals by emailing [email protected]. Your comments will inform the decision made by the Cabinet Member to implement these changes.

If you do not have access to the internet and would like to make your recommendation by post, you can do so by sending a letter to:

Environment & Leisure, Highways Southwark Council, Third Floor, Hub 2 London SE1P 5LX PO BOX 64

We thank you for your patience and participation in this process and we will keep you informed with any updates in the next steps.

Kind Regards

Southwark Highways

Mine, like last time, was in a plain sealed envelope with nothing on the outside to indicate it was from the council. Pretty much identical to the junk mail I received from a local real estate agent on the same day. Almost went into the recycling unopened - although tbh I?m not sure opening it made any difference given the predictability of the content.

We recently sent out a newsletter to all households in Dulwich with an update on the Dulwich Streetspace measures.

Another household near to Dunstans here who didn't get this. Does your "Dulwich" include the whole of East Dulwich?

A full report on the representations and the associated officer recommendations is available to view here.

Is there supposed to be a link where it says'here'?

I know...4 'consultations' all so far ignored. It is a very expensive exercise that we are paying for. I think it is an exercise it just wearing down any opposition until the point at which they can say there is a majority support for high traffic neighbourhoods.

Of course they don't class residents of ED Grove, Croxted, LL and Grove Vale as 'neighbours' so our opinion doesn't matter.

I suggest everyone bombard streetspace@southwark and cc their local councillors and Cllr Williams with both their objections and their shock at the incompetence with the way this process has been handled. This is yet another diabolically badly organised part of the "consultation" and the council will keep doing it unless they think their is some form of recourse.

Wilful manipulation of the process? With every turn it looks more and more like it. They are either totally incompetent or utterly devious and the fact remains that none of our local councillors care - they are just turning a blind eye.

Pravda, sorry the Steetspace December update, dropped through our door today as well.....cleverly disguised as a piece of junk mail I opened it to read with interest that we were too late to make comments. Luckily I had heeded One Dulwich's warnings of these council underhand tactics and registered my objections - one wonders how many didn't and were denied their chance to have their say by council manipulation/incompetence....

Rest assured people of Dulwich this has nothing to do with Helen Hayes celebrating the fact that there were fewer objections submitted ahead of the last deadline....as she is using this as a bar for success on the LTNs she will no doubt be overjoyed that the council have skewed the process once again this time round!

Unfortunately for many councillors May is not a long way away and people have long memories and their ability to meddle in the democratic processes may be coming to an end at the council elections. Let's hope we get some opposition in place to ensure the incumbents at Tooley Street can't ignore their constituents any longer as time and time again the council are abusing their (almost) one-party state and corrupting the system for their own ends.