Witness to car accident - near Dulwich College, 22 Oct

MWMH10

Hello, we were recently involved in a car accident next to Dulwich College (specifically, the junction between Alleyn Park and Thurlow Park Road, next to Belair Park and Dulwich College) on Friday 22 October at around 7pm. We were waiting to pull out of the junction in our cream Mini Cooper when a black Audi 4x4 rammed directly into the rear of our vehicle, for no apparent reason and much to our shock. The driver initially appeared to drive off and, although he eventually did pull over to give us his details, has now blocked our number and is denying all knowledge of the incident to his insurance company. Frustratingly, despite our photos, the insurance company will not look into our claim unless we have independent third party witnesses or CCTV of the accident. I remember seeing witnesses to the accident, but was unable to get their details given the driver's decision initially to drive off immediately following the accident. If you were at the scene, do please send me a message. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your replies. It is odd behaviour from his insurance company? we got photos of his licence plate as he initially drove off as well as a fuzzy photo of the damaged sustained to our car, but apparently they require either CCTV footage, dashboard camera footage or an independent witness. We don?t have the first two and are hoping that one of the few people that witnessed the accident will see this and provide us their details.

Thanks for your help.

Report to the police. If all else fails the Motor Insurance Bureau, that covers hit and run, uninsured drivers and the like may compensate you. It did me. https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/what-we-do/

" Reducing uninsured driving: MIB is at the heart of the fight against uninsured driving. This is a problem that seriously affects the lives of those involved in road accidents and costs millions of pounds every year"

Added what to do in case of an accident - if address of the other party has not been given then it is an offence, get the old bill to do something about it

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/answers/what-to-do-if-i-am-in-an-accident