Serious bike incident on Ulverscroft Road 7.10am Friday 5th November

nkmjr

I would like to thank everybody from the bottom of my heart, who helped me when I was run over on Ulverscroft Road on the way to work on the morning of 5th November. Thank you for the reassuring words, for arguing my case for an ambulance, the blankets, pillows, gloves, hat, water (with a straw!)and for the hot water bottle! You were all amazing. I am now out of hospital with a cage on my leg and a fractured eye socket, but it could have been so much worse, not least if you hadn?t looked after me so well. The police are looking for witnesses, so please do call them if you saw the accident Mon-Fri on 020 7230 7997. THANK YOU .

Sympathies. And good on the people who helped. Don't think about the people who did it and ran (or drove) way, they'll meet their end.

And if you can, get back on your bike as soon as you can if you can. I was lucky enough to be able after a hit and run, but it took three months to get there! Chill out for a week if you can (no work) at least and don't worry.

If its a proven case the driver was at fault try and get your self a decent lawyer .. I did after I was hit by a van not giving way at a junction on the south circular, two years ago (he was charged by police)

I hired a lawyer .. through the law society so I didn't get an ambulance chaser firm. and I was able to access private medical care, including a physiotherapist and physiological help for PTSD and a live changing injury which has left me walking with a stick, also helped me to get cover for time off work due to initial injury and time off for two operations (have another one in a weeks done privately)

Case still ongoing, took me a year to finally get back on my bike, still apprehensive though, but I was very physical active before and needed to get my exercise routine back to some extent to help with my injury.

Hope you recover quickly and there are no long term effects.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone. Thanks again all. There is a dispute over liability for the incident and I would be incredibly grateful if anyone out there who saw the accident itself or the aftermath might get in touch with the police please on 020 7230 7650 or if anyone took any photographs.... I saw some people taking photos.... My recovery is proving to be slow but steady....still not back to work at school.... All the best...Kate