Broadband down SE22?

colb2015

Thanks both. Checked with Plusnet and got a message earlier this morning stating there was an incident in the area yesterday and they hoped to have it fixed by 18:00 today. Just got a follow on message confirming it was now fixed, but I'm still having issues so not sure that's correct. Will give it a while and try again.

I am with Plusnet, and I don't think the actual broadband was down in my area (around North Cross Road) but I am having constant problems over perhaps the last month as my WiFi keeps cutting out. It has done again about an hour ago.

When I spoke to Plusnet when it first happened, they said all was fine at their end and to reset/unplug the router, which I did and this worked, but it keeps happening and it never has before.

It is really annoying as I have to keep unplugging/replugging everything eg printer, resetting stuff on my laptop, etc..

Does anybody else get this? Is it just Plusnet, could it be a faulty router, or is there something amiss with my system somewhere?

I have a WiFi extender in the hall, but it's all been fine until recently.

If it makes you feel better, today I was supposed to have fibre broadband put in between 8am and 1 pm.

My work space overlooks the house front staircase. Apparently the engineers came and no one was in. I had been at my station since 8am waiting for them to arrive.I can see and hear whoever comes.

Speaking to 2 separate BT workers each gave a differently story, after waiting since Sept for this installation it is now not possible until the middle of december because I was not in. Although the house was fully occupied and the internal door bells would wake the dead.

The last person I spoke to at BT said I cannot see anything that confirms how they could not gain entry.that now one was not in when he heard the bells.

I cannot believe anything BT say.

heartblock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I made an official complaint about my BT Halo and

> was told there were active issues for the last 5

> days (but I suspect it has been more like a month)

> - an engineer was also going to fiddle around at a

> junction box today. It definitely is not fine.

I know Plusnet are owned by BT, but do they use the same external hardware or whatever it is in the junction boxes, etc?

rupert james, that's appalling but doesn't surprise me. Try contacting BT's CEO, that usually brings results!

All BT told me was "I can see an online chat advisor had said there is an active Area issue on the 14/11" and "the external cabinet to be looked at on Thursday 18/11 between 13:00 - 18:00 " but no idea where it is or even if it is now repaired - but my broadband currently works.

heartblock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All BT told me was "I can see an online chat

> advisor had said there is an active Area issue on

> the 14/11" and "the external cabinet to be looked

> at on Thursday 18/11 between 13:00 - 18:00 " but

> no idea where it is or even if it is now repaired

> - but my broadband currently works.

Mine seems OK today so far, fingers crossed.

In talking about local broadband problems it might be useful to have mention of whether users are on ADSL (phone wires from exchange) or FTTC (fibre). They have some distinct subsets of problems and, aiui, usually even different cabinets.

Has anyone any foolproof way of getting a decent service from Virgin? I couldn't calculate the hours we've spent on their website/complaints dept. and so on. 3 times "we'll deal with it in 48 hours" (oh yes), one we'll ring back in 10 minutes. (also, oh yes?)