Do we have a Defibrillator in East Dulwich?

monica

Would it not be best for them to be placed in properties that are likely to be open the longest hours, such as CoOp, EDT, M and S, the small Sainsbury's? Those places are also pretty corporate (EDT is part of a small chain, no?) and would have someone who would, I hope, be across the niceties such as upkeep and training, liabilities, etc.

Places open 24/7 are the best for obvious reasons - Sainsbury's might even fund one if asked? Monica I have sent a private message with the recommendation of the product - it is around ?1000 and there will be other suppliers. I was told a first-timer with no experience would pretty-much be able to use!

Heartblock - you were very interested in this so why don't you start a thread and get folk to put in their (checked) locations? It is so easy to say "why don't we" and then hope someone else will pick up on one's brilliant idea and do the slog! This could be your way to help someone for very little initial time invested. (I am not that invested to do it myself and never suggested it in the first place.)

Thank you for the suggestion Nigello, but as many of us like to do - when I have downtime I would rather not be involved with my past daily practice for over 35 years.

Happy to help Monica privately as she requested. As you appear to not like my input and have added an unnecessary and caustic remark I will withdraw from this thread and just contact Monica privately.

Maybe you should reflect on how you sometimes address people who do offer advise and help.

Iv just spoken with the CcOp head office who have confirmed we can place the defibrillator at the ED store, apparently they do have in-store defibrillators in other community CoOp stores.

I can start a justgiving fund page, post the link on here and hopefully we can raise enough to buy the Defibrillator.

A couple of the forumites who have contacts within the community are going to help purchase one.

Il keep you updated.

Edited due to glasses not working properly

Thank you for all of the messages regarding the Defibrillator.

Can anyone help with a name for the funding page? It needs to represent what we are doing, raising funds for a Defibrillator for the Lordship Lane area.

All ideas for names are welcome.

Thanks