pre schools/nursery

Jacks50

I wondered if I could get some advice on nursery/pre schools.

My first two children went to a day nursery before starting school as I worked but I got made redundant and I'm now a stay at home mum. My third child is 2.5 and I'm wondering what options there are for nursery or pre school? I'm sure she'd benefit from a few hours a day a couple of days a week, especially as she's a September baby so she's going to be at home for a long time!!

Any suggestions that don't cost a small fortune would be gratefully appreciated!

she'll be entitled to 15 hours free at a nursery attached to a school, like Ivydale, Heber, Goose Green from the September after she turns 3.

Or Oak Tree on Tell Grove, Buds at Goose Green - loads of threads on this, if you can't wait til next September (guess that's when she's be eligible - mine turns 3 in April so I am hoping for a school nursery place in September 2013). .

Amott road nursery. They only do mornings sessions from 2.5 yrs but are ?30 for the week (because it is a parent run charity rather thn business). I've had two sons there and it's a great way of giving them an introduction to the whole nursery thing....they have a Facebook page with the number on and I think they have spaces now.

Buds in Goose Green centre (in the church) currently has some spaces. At the moment they offer morning sessions between 9:00-1:00 and on weds they can stay until 3:30 if you wish. They plan to have this double session available on tuesdays and thursdays too, but not for a few months.

They have children aged 2 and upwards. From age 3 your child would get 15 hours free there a week.

Dulwich Village Pre School on Dulwich Common are very reasonable and offer morning/afternoon sessions, agree a struggle to pay for childcare costs which are on the rise esp in this area! Put your name down at as many as poss and you're sure to get a place soon x

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't you ask them before your son enrolled?

As cora said they don't have to be because of their short hours. If they do have to be they should have a certificate on display at the setting (this is a requirement of Ofsted).