CANCELLED-Community Clean- Homestall Road and Peckham Rye Park

rachp

Plastic Free Dulwich is organising a community clean on 31st October @ 10.30 am

We will be tackling Homestall Road and Peckham Rye Park so we'll meet at the Colyton Road entrance to the park.

Given the Halloween date, fancy-dress is optional, but please do wear weather-appropriate clothing

Gloves, bags and litter pickers will be provided. All are welcome - so please join us if you would like to spend an hour or so of your time making a difference.

Link to our Instagram page is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CU24BG_IdEK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

HIya - I pick up a fair bit of litter (cans and bottles mainly) along the side of Colyton Road, park side, especially nearer to the girls' school. Some of it is hidden by bushes, etc. I don't have a picker-upper so only touch the surface so maybe the hard to reach ones are for you and your volunteers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They're a good idea, Annie5, but please adopt a DIY attitude if you are keen to help. Just picking up the odd can or bottle and putting it in a recycling bin yourself whilst on your daily walk or errands can make a big difference. I often pick up 7 or 8 items on a typical morning walk, mainly cans and plastic bottles (Lucozade and various lager brands feature most).

I think it could be just a small number who habitually litter and make a god-awful mess. I see people of all types using bins yet very few people dropping. Does it come from cars? (I have seen some people take out nappies and litter from cars and dump it in the gutter. One who did this got very sharp shrift and took it back!)