Forest Hill doctors

Gaynor Hill Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Had appointment on Friday they still have there

> doors locked people were outside and told if they

> didn't have appointment to go and phone

> Just don't understand why they still got doors

> locked

It's safer to phone then be stuck in the waiting room with a whole bunch of people, greater chance of catching or passing on covid. I personally am glad that they are protecting staff & patients.

As the weather worsens the queues outside will (particularly for those visiting because they are unwell) become intolerable. Public transport is unreliable, so (as appointments missed by over 10 minutes are abandoned) people tend to arrive early to avoid arriving too late. The few chairs left in the 'waiting room' are well separated, - those huddling together in the open porch are anything but social distancing (albeit with a brisk breeze to ventilate them). I paid my taxes so that the NHS could protect me, rather than the reverse. True, those with appointments may be let in (after being temperature scanned, as if only Covid caused raised temperatures) but really! 'Keep the ill away, or at least out in the open', is not the mantra of a modern health care system. A mind set which treats all patients as the modern equivalent of medieval lepers, with a 'squint' to keep them away from the staff inside is frankly wrong. And isn't replicated at every surgery or clinic by any means.

Reported in the newspapers today, Javid to tear up social distancing in surgeries to give thousands more face to face appointments. Already at Kings College Hospital the restrictions are being eased to make access and exiting much easier.

X ray service there yesterday was super efficient and excellent.

Had to go back yesterday for check up I asked why are the doors locked but was ignored just don't understand it we go everywhere else and anyone with COVID symptoms wouldn't be there

Maybe they short staffed like the lady said cold weather coming last thing you need is everyone in door way