Looking for rotten/dry tree stumps, logs and branches - will collect for free!

bpgardens

I am part of a group setting up a new community garden in St. Francis Park, East Dulwich. We are looking for any dry or rotten tree stumps, logs and branches you might have lying around in your garden. Also will take grass cuttings and leaves for the community composting bays we are building in the next few weeks (update on this to follow).

If you have any and are able to drop off, send me a message and I can let you know the location in the park to leave the logs or if not we can collect for free in Camberwell, East Dulwich, Herne Hill and Peckham areas - although any donations for the project will be welcome too!

The logs will be used to create hugelkulturs (growing method where rotting wood is buried under a mound of soil and over time releses nutrients, moisture and heat to create self-sustaining growing system) and habitat for stag beetles and other creatures.

Please get in touch by text or phone if you have any old wood you want rid of on 07757268809 ! And if you'd like to hear more about or be involved in the project.

thank you! Ben

Archived