Whistling Noise Landcroft Road / Crystal Palace Road

0911gb

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed an intermittent whistling / high pitched noise on the junction between Landcroft Road and Crystal Palace Road? It goes all day and night and the 'whistles' are of varying length between 5 to 20 seconds, occurring every 3-5 minutes.

I called noise disruption services at Southwark Council and they were very quick to come out and take a look, but also couldn't identify it.

Driving me mad and affecting sleep!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue a few years ago now. A poster here suggested it was someone's boiler, a faulty valve so that when the boiler starts up it makes that noise. I can't for some reason find the post where that was said. It eventually stopped and I wondered if the person had read my post and done something about it. Here is the thread.

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1907008,1907652#msg-1907652

Thanks Alec - this is promising to hear it eventually got sorted! How long did it take to get fixed? It has been going on almost 2 weeks now and other neighbours can hear it too.

I have rung the the noise team at Southwark Council over 5 times (including at night when it is more prominent without traffic noise) but they can't identify where it's coming from / don't think it's disturbing enough to take it any further. It's preventing me from opening my window and affecting sleep so it's very frustrating.

Thanks for your help on this.

Actually, I think it was my brother who said it likely was a boiler. It was a few weeks before it was sorted. I did go out to try and pinpoint where it was coming from, and if it had carried on I would have knocked on doors. It must also be impacting those in the house and neighbours too. It is incredibly disturbing though.