Postal deliveries

We live in Solway Road and have had hardly any post for well over a week. Items I know that were posted around 21st September have still not been delivered. Anyone know if the post office is running particularly poorly right now, or if it's a very localised problem? Thanks.

Yeah it?s been going on in this area since they closed the sorting office.

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,2228764

I got a parcel that was 3-4 weeks late and was meant to be delivered by the 9th of Sept. Disgracefully when it was delivered on Sept 28, the Royal Mail parcel tracker updated and it said it was delivered on Sept 8 which is a complete falsehood. They obviously put this false date to keep within their quota. I have proof it was delivered on the 28th too. Not sure who I can report this to. I did message James McAsh but I?m not sure he?s got much traction or been effective in helping with this issue where people in this area are getting their post weeks late.

I haven't received my birthday cards from last week (now 5 days overdue). My son's birthday cards were also 5 days late earlier this month. I'm surprised at how resentful I feel about it as I am very much a grown up and I know that my friends/family love me and were thinking about me on the day!

It's just that I think Royal Mail are taking the absolute p out of us all. Your experience with the false delivery date above takes the biscuit KateFord! I'm just not sure what anyone can do to improve this situation. We're hardly going to boycott Royal Mail as it isn't the mail we send out that it is delayed ... it's all the various people who have posted things to us over the years who aren't getting the service they paid for (or us too in the case of paying postage for parcels etc).

Completely agree Tomskip. I think it?s awful when children?s birthday cards are late and obviously there are more critical items that people in this area are getting later then expected. It?s terrible when senders have paid for a certain level or service and recipients are getting post weeks late. And as mentioned in my case, Royal Mail deliberately lied and logged my item as being delivered weeks before it was. And this is to either remain within their quota/targets or avoid compensation. In either case it?s disgusting. And no one seems to be bothering about our area suffering from this awful service.

In one delivery a few weeks' ago, I received a backlog of about three weeks' post. That was followed for a few days by regular daily deliveries. It was starting to look as though things may have finally been sorted, but it was short-lived. I've not been receiving my post since, so it's back to the normal service I've come to expect from Peckham office - that I'll get little or no post most of the time but I'll get it all eventually.

I've been convinced that Peckham Delivery Office have been concealing the true situation from their superiors, so it's interesting to know that someone now has proof of a falsified record. The people to write to with this evidence are our MPs - Helen Hayes and Harriet Harman, who are already familiar with complaints from our area, but who are always reassured by Peckham management when they make enquiries.This example can be fobbed off by Peckham as a mistake, so, if anyone else has proof of false recording, it would be very helpful if they too would write to the MPs.

As others have said, we've had to put up with this totally sub-standard service since the closure of our local East Dulwich delivery office, which was several years ago now. I'm sure Royal Mail management at a higher level would find the true situation totally unacceptable if they only knew.

KateFord Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

And

> no one seems to be bothering about our area

> suffering from this awful service.

Helen Hayes, our MP, has tried very very hard to do something about it, including initially trying not to get the East Dulwich delivery office in Sylvester Road closed, so it is not true to say that nobody is bothering about it, unless you mean Royal Mail itself?

kiera Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure Royal Mail

> management at a higher level would find the true

> situation totally unacceptable if they only knew.

I believe Helen Hayes took it up with the CEO of Royal Mail, but that was some time ago.

My delivery today was left on the porch - no attempt made to push the elastic-banded, three normal-sized items through the letterbox. Is this a thing? I couldn't see the postie to quiz him on this technique but I wish I had - it is surely wrong to do that, even against Royal Mail rules?

That's fairly typical of out delivery, nigello. Bank statements etc jut left on the porch. A couple of months ago I found a mis-delivered parcel, took it to the right house and found their post just left on the step (actually, it wasn't even their post, it should have gone to their next door, to compound the mistakes)

2 birthday cards arrived today. Funnily enough they were the ones posted late (I got text messages from the culprits apologising) but the ones posted well on time still not here. I know one was posted from Kew on 27th September, another one several days before that.

Misdirected mail also seems to be a big issue.

I?d understand simple mistakes, but I?ve had to act as local postie a few times this year where both the number, road & postcode were completely different to my own. Really strikes me as both inept and incredibly idle.

We have the same postman for at least 90% of the time and he always pushes the post (when we get it!) through the letter box. Some weeks we appear to have no post then we have several days of daily post. Most annoying is that important letters re hospital appointments arrive after the appointment date or within 24 hours of the appointment.

Thanks James.

I've just had a package today which says on it "delivery by 28 September".

And my book posted to me on 3 September still hasn't arrived, but the same book (well obviously not the actual same book) I then ordered from somewhere else weeks later in desperation arrived two days ago (also sent by Royal Mail).

So it appears they are not working through a backlog in order of arrival at the delivery office, but getting newer items delivered first.

• 2 weeks later...