What to do about a non Pooper Scooper?

The Crimean Quadrant (Marmora, Therapia, Scutari & Mundania) is currently plagued by a dog walker & dog that do not observe the accepted courtesies of owning a dog - leaving piles of dog c*** along the pavements of all four roads.

This has all occurred in the last three months - so believe it is someone that has moved in recently, not a long term resident of the area.

I've watched and lurked and eyeballed at different times of day and night but still failed to identify the recalcitrant owner or dog. Others are also on the lookout. The council is aware of the problem but extra signs and "bag it & bin it" pavement stencils have had no effect - what else can be done?

Marmora Man, I used to live on Marmora road too (moved out in '06). There was a guy in his fifties/sixties with a Jack Russell (always yapping) and he used to let it crap everywhere, I know this as I have a dog and used to see him do it all the time when out walking with mine. He never took it to the park, just used to walk it locally, probably why the surrounding streets are full of his poo. Not saying that it's him but it's a possibility - you probably know exactly who this character is anyway!

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Crimean Quadrant (Marmora, Therapia, Scutari &

> Mundania) is currently plagued by a dog walker &

> dog that do not observe the accepted courtesies of

> owning a dog - leaving piles of dog c*** along the

> pavements of all four roads.

>

> This has all occurred in the last three months -

> so believe it is someone that has moved in

> recently, not a long term resident of the area.

>

> I've watched and lurked and eyeballed at different

> times of day and night but still failed to

> identify the recalcitrant owner or dog. Others are

> also on the lookout. The council is aware of the

> problem but extra signs and "bag it & bin it"

> pavement stencils have had no effect - what else

> can be done?

yes we too have some lovely piles on our doorstep....from the size of it I don't think it can be a jack russell-but whatever it is it eats sweetcorn-ugh!

We had a similar problem on our neighbourhood pavements. After many frustrating attempts at trying to apprehend the nasty owner and canine partner in crime, someone suggested going to poochy-poop-match.com. You simply take a picture of the fresh steaming dog turd, type in the characteristics (weight, shape and colour) and it gives you 3 possible breed matches including size and age. We were able to find the perpetrator within 24 hours and rub his nose in it. poochy-poop-match.com

yes as on earlier post i've seen this guy too. but maybe someone else inconsiderate has moved in so now we have double the trouble. it is absolutely disgusting along the road now and down forest hill road.

jocelyn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Spotted - a few times this week bunch of kids

> wandering around Forest Hill Road area every night

> about 6 ish with black pit bull looking dog. I'll

> see whether this may be the culprit!

I'll do some wandering around that time too - see what I can see.

I have a dog and I get quite incensed when I see dog waste everywhere - please note this small irresponsible minority who let their dogs cr*p everywhere would hit the roof if they stepped in someone elses...

Anyway, this may sound bizarre but what the hell, get some chalk and the next time you see it, chalk around the offending turds and write, CLEAN THIS UP! on the pavement. It may be just enough to shock and embarrass the person...

Admittedly people might think you're a bit odd but something needs to be done!