Accident on lordship lane today around 4pm

sweetgirl

A friend of mine was involved in a accident today & the driver drove off.

My friend was thrown in the air & obviously was in shock thereafter

The driver of the vehicle came & spoke to him & said he would get his phone from his car & come back!

That was the last anyone saw of him.

If you witnessed anything please pm me so I can forward your details to the victim.

Thanks

Just to make it clear my friend was on a bike?? there was a build up of traffic

The vehicle involved seems to have been in the traffic about 6 cars behind & tried to get in front??. Why I don?t know?? maybe to turn off 🤔

I?m sure most of us know what it looks like at 4pm Start of the the peak time

I didn?t see what happened but I?m sure my friend is in shock???

He mentioned a lady called Emma was with him throughout??. She was very helpful

Any witnesses well appreciated

I was involved in a hit and run 25 years ago on Red Post Hill when a speeding car drove into me from behind knocking me into a parked car. I was fortunate not to be killed and the bike took most of the impact. The owner of the parked car I hit came out, wasn't bothered about the minor dent and drove me and the wrecked bike home. I think the perpetrator drove round the block to see that I wasn't dead and then drove off again. I've got the first letter of the registration and model, and see a similar (now classic car) in the area. Not that I can do anything.

Anyway more importantly you are covered by the motor insurance bureau, a slush fund for uninsured drivers (including those that don't stop). You didn't ask to be knocked down but do seek some compensation. Do PM me about my experience (I was compensated)

https://www.mib.org.uk/

I hope there are witnesses.

rachp Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That?s terrible, I?m sorry for your friend, but

> glad he?s ok. That junction is very dangerous for

> pedestrians, the council need to address it as a

> priority. I hate crossing there.

I very much agree. The new Highway Code puts pedestrians first then cyclists. It hasn?t gotten a lot of publicity.

I Hope they weren't badly injured ? I received life changing injuries from when a van pulled out of a junction where the driver didn't look, as I was passing on my bike..Luckily I had witnesses, and driver was charged with driving without due care and attention.

If your friend has to have time off work due to injury, they need to get a lawyer ( I got mine off the law society website to avoid ambulance chasers, and got a local firm)

They could be entitled to claim any loss of earnings or for medical help, or repairs to damage of their bike... Hopefully the driver is found and charged, and you find witnesses, as this helps a lot.

Hopefully though they are ok and don't need any of the above

That junction is so dangerous for pedestrians and cyclists, especially when the traffic turning out or in from ED Grove is backed up and LL is heaving. During the day motorists seem to be a bit more affable and thoughtful (I imagine mainly locals) but on the School and Rush Hour run some seem to lose all sense of safe driving. I hate walking across that junction.

The problem is I can?t see an improvement at that junction without causing chaos elsewhere.

I think it's actually pretty stressful for drivers too especially if they aren't familiar with it.

Cars turning right into EDG from southbound Lordship Lane swoop across the oncoming traffic to be beat the lights, cars heading North up Lordship Lane turn left onto EDDG from the straight on lane, there two yellow boxes to be mindful of and then it's very hard to know whether to let a pedestrian out into the path of an oncoming bicycle or car.