secure cycle parking at peckham rye station?

ninbi

I'm starting a new job and need to get to Shepherds Bush a couple of days a week. Don't want to go on the tube so am planning on using the overground, but it means I'll need to leave my bike at Peckham Rye station all day. Last time I looked there was some secure bike parking with CCTV next to the entrance - is that still there and can anyone vouch for its security and ease of use?

Thanks!

My bike got stolen from there, I stupidly only locked the wheel to the frame (was in a rush and thought I'd locked it properly). I did leave it overnight as well. So I would say if you lock it properly and don't leave it outside of your commute hours, it's probably ok. But the police didn't even bother checking the CCTV when I reported my bike stolen so don't let the security cameras reassure you! The thieves don't care!

Hi Ninbi - I got my bike stolen from the bike park unfortunately. I parked it right under the nose of the camera. I actually left it a few days(as I got Covid!) but the bike, (gold rated) lock and everything were gone when I got back. British Transport Police told me the 'professional' bike thieves take the lock as well as they don't want any evidence left behind.

I leave my bike there still, but not overnight and with a good lock and insurance. If you do need to claim - I wasn't covered as it was over 24 hours and was therefore classed as 'abandoned'... Just FYI!

Hope that's helpful! :)

I did see that some of the more narrow metal fixings on the two tier systems had been snipped straight through so I've locked it to the fat ground fastened racks. And noted Annie the overnight danger. I'm going to aim to leave it during repair shop opening hours (covid permitting!)