-------------------------------------------------------

> Coming to this late, so apologies.

>

> When I went past on the bus last week, it looked

> as though it is no longer possible to cut through

> from Peckham Road to Peckham Hill Street, am I

> wrong??

Not as far as I know - just Melon Road.

Hard to find actual numbers, but was enough of a concern for Sadiq Khan to put in place a voluntary scheme to offer new build properties under i think 350k to UK buyers first. Suspect its more of an issue for places like the new builds at the elephant (in the private blocks) and the zone 1 developments than Dulwich though.

I think its the last sentence that's concerning me - I often have kids with me so anything that relies on 'setting off smartly' isn't dependable enough. The end of Lyndhurst Ave isn't great too - whereas the contraflow past the school and then the road past Lidl were a more reasonable route to the canal path.

I'll give it a go when i'm on my own though - thank you!

A straight across phase of the lights ie Lyndhurst Way to Kelly Ave was planned possibly 10 years ago but never turns up.

I would not do Lyndhurst Way with kids-- the narrowed crossings which help kids going to school, are dangerous for anyone without the courage and experience to hold the lane.

Maybe just use the crossing at the north end of Rye Lane -- you could turn along Jocelyn St behind the Pulse and access Sumner Road that way. That's a safe approach to Burgess Park without the courting couples, shopping trolleys and hilly bits of the canal path. It would be road experience for kids without real danger.

This is a consultation on making the North Peckham estate safer for cyclists and pedestrians. It includes the Lyndhurst Way junction with Kelly Ave. This would be a good place to highlight how dangerous it is for cyclists and press for a traffic light on Kelly Avenue to create a safer crossing. Advance release would be nice on both sides too. Probably down to TfL to arrange but pressing the council can only help.

https://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/north-peckham-healthy-streets-2021/

closing date Sept 24th so please, do it sooner rather than later