Parking near Peckham Rye Station

Glutenberg

Hi all,

My baby starts nursey very soon, and I am trying to organise the chaos of getting them to and from nursery, and me and my partner to and from work.

I normally get the train from ED to London Bridge, though will probably need to start going from Peckham Rye.... and the question is does anyone know if it's possible to park a car fairly close to the station on a morning? I don't really know that area.

I realise this is nowhere near as exciting as Waitrose, M&S, Burglaries and bottles of wee.... but if anyone can offer an insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G

I did it for a few months, you can easily park just outside the CPZ near Oglander Road. The station is then a 5 minute walk.

Take a drive / walk down one evening and scope it out. I never had a problem finding a space.

Presume there is no alternative..like walking? The traffic will drive you nuts.

Thanks guys.

It was only because I will definitely have to drive to the nursery, which is close to where Harris Girls Academy is.

So it's either leave the car there and bus to Peckham Rye Station, or drive down.

Does anyone know if s bus goes from there to the station?

Cheers

Or try something quite different - from Harris Girls School, it is about a 15- 20 minute walk to Honor Oak Park Station - I do it in 25 minutes from Nunhead Lane but I admit, I do walk quite fast. Walk south along Cheltenham Road, curve right into Kelvington Road, then when you meet Brenchley Gardens, you have a choice: either turn left then right into Camberwell New Cemetery, walk towards the chapel then turn right and follow the drive until you exit into the Recreation Ground and car park, then walk through this to Honor Oak Park (the road) then down to the station, OR when the sun is shining, when you reach Brenchley Gardens, turn right and cross the road and climb up & over One Tree Hill onto Honor Oak Park (the road). It's a lovely start to the day, the birds sing and the air is fresh. Admittedly, you can't really walk back either way in the dark, but the P12 stops outside the station and would drop you back quite near the school/nursery,.

I'd too suggest using Honor Oak Park instead of Peckham Rye. I live very near Harris Girls and every time I get the idea to go from Peckham Rye I always regret it, there is just too much traffic! Honor oak station is a 15 min walk away - or you could get the bus 343 to New Cross Gate which takes about 7 min.

JDR Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A friend used to pay for a permit/ season parking

> in the car park near Peckham rye station. Was.

> Pay in advance thing and a1 min walk to the

> station....

The residents have to pay a fair whack to park outside their own homes, so this is the best way in my opinion.