Lloyds Pharmacy North Cross Road

I am one of the patients that has been affected by the staffing difficulties at this branch.

I am very interested to hear of other patients who have been affected.

I was advised to contact their HQ by my practice. A friend of mine was today advised to 'pop a note' into the branch door stating his query.

I have asked my practice if they shouldn't be doing more to ensure their patients are getting their needed medications.

Please let me know if you have been impacted?

You can get your medication online from Lloyds Direct (it used to be called Echo).

I don't know if this only works for repeat prescriptions, but it's quick and easy once it's been set up.

They remind you when you are running out, you order it online, they clear the prescription with your GP and send it out tracked.

ETA: If you have several different medications running out at various times, which I do, you just select the ones you need (I always allow several weeks in advance just in case).

The online customer service is quick and efficient, as well, should you have a query.

Despite local postal delivery issues, I've always received mine very quickly. It's sent tracked (free delivery).

I originally started it when I was shielding, but have continued because it's so much more convenient than queuing at the pharmacy.

• 4 weeks later...

When a pharmacy fails NHS patients, (be it closing for lack of trained staff, or 'losing' prescriptions)they are 'in breach' of their contracts to the NHS.

My GP practise have not been pro-active in what appears to be a continuing problem.

The regulator - the General Pharmaceutical Council, only have powers over individual pharmacists (though they can close a pharmacy - temporarily - that is failing for some reason)

It is likely telling that the prescription bags have been carrying a farewell message to a pharmacist and the branch manager.

Certainly the team at Lloyds repeatedly seem very confused and unclear on why they don't have my prescription... was instructive to hear someone else have the same discussion with them as I had (whilst queuing for the third time in a day only to leave empty-handed). Unclear to me whether the problem lies with Lloyds or with my GP; they both blame each other. But definitely time to try another pharmacy.

• 7 months later...
It's taken 5 visits back and forth from DMC to Lloyds to get my repeat prescription and I still haven't got everything as two items had mysteriously disappeared from list. Contradictory answers,told I didn't inform them at the doctors (I did). It's worrying when you need the things.As headphonauts says, it's difficult to know who's responsible, the GP or the pharmacy

• 1 year later...

They seem to have gone downhill again. 

Electronic prescription sent in 10 days ago, popped in mid week last week to be told "not done yet" come back later and it will be ready

Popped in again Saturday and discovered that the prescription had been put to one side and not even started. When the locum for the day managed to get it sorted some items weren't in stock so come back Monday.

Regular pharmacist back today (Monday) and no record of what was missing as they lost the note from Saturday, they then gave abuse concerning why I didn't have a note to say what was missing, very upsetting and shocking behaviour by the pharmacist. 

Guess I'm voting with my feet but where to go ? 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

They seem to have gone downhill again. 

Electronic prescription sent in 10 days ago, popped in mid week last week to be told "not done yet" come back later and it will be ready

Popped in again Saturday and discovered that the prescription had been put to one side and not even started. When the locum for the day managed to get it sorted some items weren't in stock so come back Monday.

Regular pharmacist back today (Monday) and no record of what was missing as they lost the note from Saturday, they then gave abuse concerning why I didn't have a note to say what was missing, very upsetting and shocking behaviour by the pharmacist. 

Guess I'm voting with my feet but where to go ? 

I suggest again Lloyds Direct, as I haven't been over impressed with other local pharmacies I have tried  ...

Two posters outside Lloyds  with rather different messages.

Laugh or cry ? 😂😭

IMG_20231012_171457570.jpg

IMG_20231012_171442880.jpg

Edited by Sue
Clarification

Oh gosh - I waited a good 10 mins for a repeat prescription this morning whilst the 2 pharmacists were busy discussing cars…. Had to call to them that there was a queue waiting to be served… doesn’t bode well. 

Edited by tiddles
Spelling