can a visitor park in ED

I don't have a car so am ignorant of parking in the area but a friend wants to visit and stay over at the weekend and bring her car. Do I need to get a visitors permit for her to park in the street? (dont have a driveway either, sigh)or can you just park?

well, if there is a yellow line painted along the edge of the road the answer is sometimes, if there are two yellow lines the answer is never. If there are no lines should be cool to park.

Your friend with the car should have an idea.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> well, if there is a yellow line painted along the

> edge of the road the answer is sometimes, if there

> are two yellow lines the answer is never. If there

> are no lines should be cool to park.

> Your friend with the car should have an idea.

heheh I DO know about the yellow line business. I was meaning more whether you have to have a residents permit or not. I used to live in Brixton and you couldnt park anywhere without a residents permit even if there were no yellow lines. The signs gave the impression that at a certain time at weekends you could park but you would still get a ticket regardless!

Where do you stay? I don't know of any resident's parking schemes in ED. My friends always just park on the street outside.*

*Thereby exacerbating the traffic congestion problem and quite possibly bringing down civilization as we know it.

tinagwee if there are respark bays in your street they're normally marked out in broken white lines with a notice on a pole (or a czech). Sounds like there are no obvious parking restrictions in your road though so your friend should be OK. LL can be a little trickier.