Recognise this vandal?

That'll be one of those pesky kids with their chalk again......;-)

Nice clear shots though....I wonder if anyone knows him....... I presume he was going down the road doing this to all the houses and then leaving the signs on the cars outside the house?

It's beyond pathetic - just as damaging the planters is. The idiots on both sides really need to grow up.

The interesting thing is that this guy wasnt obviously drunk and he did look up at the cameras several times!

Someone surely can recognise him. If so please send a PM and we will let the police know. Result was dents and scratches in the roof and bonnet. The signage is neither here or there but we just cannot have people like this damaging cars. There's enough vandalism to cars already without this type of behaviour.

Please assist.

Nice presumption again Rockets.

I think that the answer was 'no' that's not what happened. This is old footage and seems to be the only place its happened despite there being other signs on that stretch of road.

Odd behavior yes, part of a wider pattern and happening to all houses displaying signs - no.

The only other place I'd heard of was on Croxted after one of the England matches, but given people had been in the pub watching the football its hard to work out if its normal levels of post football euphoria vandalism or something more targeted.

Rockets Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That'll be one of those pesky kids with their

> chalk again......;-)

>

> Nice clear shots though....I wonder if anyone

> knows him....... I presume he was going down the

> road doing this to all the houses and then leaving

> the signs on the cars outside the house?

>

> It's beyond pathetic - just as damaging the

> planters is. The idiots on both sides really need

> to grow up.

Northern - a number of people reported the same thing happening to their signs across the Dulwich area - so this one, that was captured on camera, was not an isolated incident. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to suggest that it is this person who has been targeting other houses because this is clearly not a random act of vandalism - this is very much targeted - look at the effort he goes to to remove the sign. I am sure you'll agree that if he has caused damaged to any properties or cars he should be held to account for that - he is pretty recognisable.

He is clearly an idiot as so many people have cameras and Ring doorbells nowadays he was always going to be caught on one of them. As I have said before the idiots on both sides need to stop doing this type of thing and, if caught, should be held to account as it does neither side any good and is just childish in the extreme.

Yes - its easy to say that this is totally unacceptable - it is.

However,

"I presume he was going down the road doing this to all the houses and then leaving the signs on the cars outside the house?"

Well no - there were loads of signs on that road and seemingly only this one removed and put (again weirdly) on their car. Its not a house with a drive and the parking outside is full. Though it was the only SUV so maybe it was an unlucky coincidence for them).

funnylookingowl Wrote:

> Those signs down East Dulwich do look a bit tatty

> to me. And pointless, the government/TFL etc etc

> are not going to care about some signs on houses

> of millionaires who are upset that traffic is

> driving past their houses, on a road which that

> was designed exactly for.

Millionaires?? You must be joking.

The great majority of houses on EDG are sub-divided into flats and you won't find many millionaires there.

Not sure what you mean by tatty. There are 2 or 3 which have been interfered with and may not be vertical but they still get the message across. They must be effective if plonkers like this want to remove them.

Not too many, thankfully and what damage they have done has been rectified.

What is more concerning are the "useful idiots" who get manipulated by our elected office holders.

Some community spirited person must know him

Rockets Wrote:

> Have the idiots been out again, targeting the

> anti-LTN signs?

>

> https://twitter.com/MaggieBMedia/status/1421375069

> 432029185?s=19

Rocks, you are not paying attention. Using terms such as idiots does not help your cause and you lose the moral high ground. I did give you and others some pretty good advice on the LTN thread, do pay attention.

[that is not saying whatever is going on is right, just if you are arguing any point it doesn't help to start throwing names around]

Malumbu - I think everyone can agree that if people are pulling down signs they don't agree with or vandalising planters they don't agree with then we can safely categorise them as idiots. They are the very definition of them. Or maybe pathetic deluded idiots if they think it is going to have any impact on the long term outcome or somehow make people change their views on the LTNs either way.

Spot on Rockets! It just makes the anti-LTNers more motivated and more determined.

Rockets Wrote:

> Malumbu - I think everyone can agree that if

> people are pulling down signs they don't agree

> with or vandalising planters they don't agree with

> then we can safely categorise them as idiots. They

> are the very definition of them. Or maybe pathetic

> deluded idiots if they think it is going to have

> any impact on the long term outcome or somehow

> make people change their views on the LTNs either

> way.